2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah for rational people only.

We are mad at everything so we may forgive Darnold's struggle because Jets suck or vice versa.  Until Jets getting better, we are stuck that way.  No change at all.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I would. But he’d be ranked around Kyle Trask and QB’s like that. There are at least 5 QB’s with a better skill set than him in this draft.

So if I were a team like the Saints, Steelers, 49ers, etc, I would be willing to spend a 3rd round pick on him.

I believe in drafting tools. And Darnold still has those tools. His biggest knock is deep ball accuracy which is why I think a lot of these guys coming out are better than him. A guy like Mac Jones can threaten the entire field. Same with the other top 5 QBs. Mond and Trask can as well. So he’s with with those guys or behind them. But Trask and Mond are getting picked on day 2. So 3rd so for Sam.

Trask is a interesting point last year was the only year he ever started, Set all kinds all kinds of passing record for the Gators, I saw all his Games he played against tough competition in the SEC. Could really be a sleeper in the draft. HE WILL PROBABLY be on the board when the Pats pick. I want all the QB to gone by the time the Pats pick.

This is why I want to keep Sam. He was under pressure alot and make some very good throws. He can also run for big gains. No when you watch just see the names of the WR's he was throwing too. Guys that are 4 and 5 WR on teams. The the pressure he is under in some of those plays to get out and make the throw. I think Sam should get one more year and see what happens. If it does not work out then you have the ammo to get a QB next year. If we trade down just a few spots that will give the Jets another 1st round pick next year which means at least 3 1st round picks next year. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is why I want to keep Sam. He was under pressure alot and make some very good throws. He can also run for big gains. No when you watch just see the names of the WR's he was throwing too. Guys that are 4 and 5 WR on teams. The the pressure he is under in some of those plays to get out and make the throw. I think Sam should get one more year and see what happens. If it does not work out then you have the ammo to get a QB next year. If we trade down just a few spots that will give the Jets another 1st round pick next year which means at least 3 1st round picks next year. 

Sam is awful

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Shocked he had 9mins worth of highlights to be honest. 

• Like 4

Out of the starting QB right now I would take Sam over

Teddy Bridgewater

Andy Dalton

Drew Lock

Carson Wentz

Tua/Jacolby B

Cam Newton

Hill/Winston

Daniel Jones

Jalen Hurts

Allen/Fitz

That is 10 teams that have a worse QB than Sam. Then you add guys like Big Ben and Matt Ryan that are getting old fast. Then the Jags are depending on a rookie who I think will be good but you have had a lot of bust too for QB. 

Give Sam a good HC and OC with a good line and WR. Ya he will be the top half of the league. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Suggest you redo your homework.   Hint:  gamelogs.

He has 4 games over 300 yards on his resume.

How many 300 yard games did he have last season that is what I am talking about. Darnold struggled to a have a 200 yard game. And only did that at garbage time. It is hard to have a strong passing game without  some kind of running game. Aren't you one of those anti running back guys who will draft a RB in the fourth round only. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No. And I removed that ridiculous "highlight video"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

This draft is deep in CBs and OL.  Hopefully we take 2 each of those early.  Later picks can be BPA for positions of need.

I'm starting to think there is a chance for 2 CBs in this draft because of the nickel situation and the talent level at that position. Both won't happen early, but I can see JD taking a nickel later in the draft. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm starting to think there is a chance for 2 CBs in this draft because of the nickel situation and the talent level at that position. Both won't happen early, but I can see JD taking a nickel later in the draft. 

Shame that we may pass on Molden.