2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

It would seem to me that if we want to improve the O line, then maybe getting lower-tier guards and drafting Sewell might make some sense. Trade down to No. 4 and we would still be able to get him, IMO.

I doubt the new regime wants to go back to Lewis and Van Roten, and Fant is already lower tier himself.

Trai Turner is still out there, he could be a good addition. 

If not landing the top free agents means we are going with a veteran QB, I am down with that. If that "veteran" is Darnold, we will need to pay attention to the No. 2 guy (because chances are that guy will win the job).

Oh my god, the sky is falling!  Outside of Thuney and that large contract he signed, we have not lost out on one player we really wanted or discussed. Linsley, Henrickson, Lawson, almost any CB and WR are still out there. Smith, maybe, but there are still a couple good TE’s out there.  If we miss out on all that, then yeah, we should all feel a little crappy.

Just now, Greene N White said:

We all knew going into the offseason Douglas isn’t gonna break the bank that’s not his style not to mention we’ve dealt with gm’s in the past who dish out horrible contracts just be patient

If we somehow end up with 3-4 wins next year he could be in danger of being “Idziked” 

Isn't there like, oh I don't know, a middle ground between overpaying for bad contracts and being too frugal?

It seems to me we either get one or the other with this franchise. Not that I am surprised, mind you.

I don't think a GM of one of the worst organizations in professional sports history can just sit back and be patient. I think he has to be aggressive.

But I am but one long-suffering fan, so what do I know?