2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I just dont see what options are out there. Turner didn’t have a good year last year apparently but would be an upgrade for sure. Sewell would be nice but I’m not taking a RT at #2. Would have to be in a big trade down for missing out on Wilson.

I know your not keen on going qb at #2 and to be fair I expected us to improve the line and receivers in FA so that the rookie would have something around him. If we don’t do that which to be honest there is still people out there that can help us but if not then i wouldn’t want to bring in a rookie into this mess of an offense. 

His struggle may make him affordable for Jets... Still an upgrade to our pathetic G.   Yup.

4 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think we could conceivably trade down to 4 and still get Sewell. After that, I think Cincy will pick him fifth overall. 

So if we can trade down to 4, we should do it.

Yeah maybe. Miami could then trade with Cincy though I’d we miss out on him. That’s why going qb at #2 seemed a better idea but if we don’t fix this offense with actual talent then it’s a big ask for a rookie to come in and do anything with a cast as bad as we have. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah maybe. Miami could then trade with Cincy though I’d we miss out on him. That’s why going qb at #2 seemed a better idea but if we don’t fix this offense with actual talent then it’s a big ask for a rookie to come in and do anything with a cast as bad as we have. 

I assume miami would be targeting a wr. If they flip with cinci there is no guarantee that we wouldn't take the wr they want if Sewell was our original guy and cinci jumped us to get him. Also in that scenario fields and lance are guys that a team may want to trade up for, giving us a second haul in a trade down where we would still possibly be able to nab one of Smith or Chase(wrs). The two hauls would enable us to move around if we wanted to move our 2rp up into the first for a guard.

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I assume miami would be targeting a wr. If they flip with cinci there is no guarantee that we wouldn't take the wr they want if Sewell was our original guy and cinci jumped us to get him. Also in that scenario fields and lance are guys that a team may want to trade up for, giving us a second haul in a trade down where we would still possibly be able to nab one of Smith or Chase(wrs). The two hauls would enable us to move around if we wanted to move our 2rp up into the first for a guard.

We’ve never executed good trade downs so I think we are being wayyyyy optimistic to think we are suddenly going to do two. 

Im just gutted we’ve not gone out and improved the offensive line. I’m not all about that shiny new toy and wanting all the received it’s just getting the big guys up front who have been there and done it. Just shocked we’ve been so slow and missed out in some good options.