The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

On 12/26/2023 at 9:53 AM, detfan782004 said:

Good luck @Sllim Pickens

Kinda shocked despite trading Lamar and Ridley and being without Jefferson most of year and Stroud lately that I made it here.

Some luck on my side as well facing opponents with injuries 

Good luck to you. I didn’t expect to be here tbh but glad to be here. Cool and Gibbs taking off has really helped catapult me late in the season.  Hopefully you got all the scoring out of your system last week or I don’t have a chance. Also I need a bounce back from Purdy to have a chance. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Good luck to you. I didn’t expect to be here tbh but glad to be here. Cool and Gibbs taking off has really helped catapult me late in the season.  Hopefully you got all the scoring out of your system last week or I don’t have a chance. Also I need a bounce back from Purdy to have a chance. 

I have too many injuries and Den benched Wilson so think unless a miracle this is a bust this week 

On 12/31/2023 at 9:39 PM, detfan782004 said:

Regret not starting Justice over Zeke. This is closer than I like with a half to go. 

Congrats on the W.  My whole team other than Love let me down this week.  Not a lineup I could have started to win and that makes me feel better since I hate losing when I make the incorrect call on sit/starting someone.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Congrats on the W.  My whole team other than Love let me down this week.  Not a lineup I could have started to win and that makes me feel better since I hate losing when I make the incorrect call on sit/starting someone.  

Honestly a lot of this is luck. Trading away Lamar and Ridley before season, losing Mike Williams for season early and Jefferson for a huge chunk.

i just met people who had lost people out for injury as well.

Dont think I was the best team this year but I'll take the Championship and 3-1sts to build upon.

I clearly need to invest in some RBs 

• Like 1

@Lionized @HvacRaider @Sllim Pickens @deathstar @detfan782004 @JaguarCrazy2832 @Bigbear72 @winitall @nagahide13 @sammymvpknight

Congrats to @detfan782004 for winning the 2023 championship!!

Outside of the issues we had with the ESPN wavers system this year, overall it was a very competitive year.

That said, @sammymvpknight & I have had multiple discussions regarding the ESPN site & it's limitations & GM etiquette.

For the 2024 Season we will/like to make the below changes to make our Job's as LM's easier but also enhance our experience playing.

1. - Change our platform from ESPN to Sleeper. Sleeper is better designed to accommodate Dynasty leagues, track trades & future draft orders. Flee flicker could also be an option, but were pretty sold on the Sleeper platform. This is open for discussion, but were 90% there.

2. - @SaveOurSonics has been removed from the league & will be replaced.

Looking for input regarding #1   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

@Lionized @HvacRaider @Sllim Pickens @deathstar @detfan782004 @JaguarCrazy2832 @Bigbear72 @winitall @nagahide13 @sammymvpknight

Congrats to @detfan782004 for winning the 2023 championship!!

Outside of the issues we had with the ESPN wavers system this year, overall it was a very competitive year.

That said, @sammymvpknight & I have had multiple discussions regarding the ESPN site & it's limitations & GM etiquette.

For the 2024 Season we will/like to make the below changes to make our Job's as LM's easier but also enhance our experience playing.

1. - Change our platform from ESPN to Sleeper. Sleeper is better designed to accommodate Dynasty leagues, track trades & future draft orders. Flee flicker could also be an option, but were pretty sold on the Sleeper platform. This is open for discussion, but were 90% there.

2. - @SaveOurSonics has been removed from the league & will be replaced.

Looking for input regarding #1   

Please review trades as well as not accurate. 

• Like 1

Sleeper is fine.  Its not my favorite but they seem to be better than ESPN.  I also like Fantrax for dynasty baseball and basketball but haven't done Football.  Not a fan of Fleaflicker.  

Is there anyway to move history when moving to Sleeper?  I know we lost some of ours when USMC disappeared but still nice to have the history.