The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

20 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Ditching kickers and defense is fine. How would we go about it? Added keepers, expanded roster, superflex, expanded draft? 

At risk of stepping on the toes of those steering this ship, I imagine it'll be a heavier discussion next offseason. We can certainly brainstorm in the meantime. Personally, I'd prefer to either convert the Kicker spot to a Superflex spot or just turn it into another bench spot so we maintain our 6 round draft and current roster volume. 

20 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

At risk of stepping on the toes of those steering this ship, I imagine it'll be a heavier discussion next offseason. We can certainly brainstorm in the meantime. Personally, I'd prefer to either convert the Kicker spot to a Superflex spot or just turn it into another bench spot so we maintain our 6 round draft and current roster volume. 

I would expand rosters or switch to IDP.  DL/LB/DB spots and maybe upping keepers one spot.  I'd be fine with a Super Flex if others are as well but its not my first choice.  

I'm all for dropping kickers and DSTs. Id rather not deal with IDP though. Converting the K/DST spot to a bench spot seems fairest for all involved because if you make it super flex, you lean to teams with better QBs at that point(and even though I have 3 in the Top-12, I think its an unfair advantage)

If we are planning on adding a Superflex, I feel like that needs a lot more lead time. Now that keepers have locked, I went through and only 5 (maybe 6 since HVAC only has 10 players) people have more than 1 QB on their roster. I think at least 2 cycles of keeper locks is necessary for people to make the requisite planning. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would expand rosters or switch to IDP.  DL/LB/DB spots and maybe upping keepers one spot.  I'd be fine with a Super Flex if others are as well but its not my first choice.  

I'm a massive football and fantasy fan, but IDP sounds daunting even to me. 

46 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm all for dropping kickers and DSTs. Id rather not deal with IDP though. Converting the K/DST spot to a bench spot seems fairest for all involved because if you make it super flex, you lean to teams with better QBs at that point(and even though I have 3 in the Top-12, I think its an unfair advantage)

Well ya. That's like saying adding another Flex spot (which we have done) is an advantage to teams with better depth at WR. It's simply something you plan for. And with Sammy's idea of lowering QB scoring to potentially level out what a mid-tier QB and mid-tier WR might score, it lessens the NEED to play a QB there. 

As it stands today, QBs have virtually no trade value in this league and we're in a golden era of QB play where all 12 teams could easily start 2 legit QBs. 

Again, this isn't something I'm beating the drum for in 2021. I agree teams should have some leash to prepare for something like this. I personally think 2022 is more than enough time to make that transition, but if people need more time, we could convert the Kicker spot to an extra bench spot in 2022 and then convert that bench spot to a Super Flex spot in 2023. 

41 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I honestly thought that Akers would be my top RB this year. Big blow. But that trade for Henderson was perhaps the most timely trade I have ever pulled off. He’s probably be worth a 1st rounder now. 

The timing is actually insane lol. I legitimately went back and checked for Cam Akers news to see if you were tipped off at all about him potentially being hurt. Hey at least I didn't settle for a 5th/6th round swap 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The timing is actually insane lol. I legitimately went back and checked for Cam Akers news to see if you were tipped off at all about him potentially being hurt. Hey at least I didn't settle for a 5th/6th round swap 😅

Thanks for the charity!!! Lol

52 minutes ago, winitall said:

If we are planning on adding a Superflex, I feel like that needs a lot more lead time. Now that keepers have locked, I went through and only 5 (maybe 6 since HVAC only has 10 players) people have more than 1 QB on their roster. I think at least 2 cycles of keeper locks is necessary for people to make the requisite planning. 

We aren’t planning to add a SuperFlex. It didn’t get the votes this year and even if people change their minds and it gets the votes next year, teams will have two years to either draft, sign or trade for an extra QB or two (it would be initiated no sooner than 2023). I suppose we can lengthen that to two FULL years (which would set it at no sooner than 2024), but there are those that will be upset with that outcome as well. 

17 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Well ya. That's like saying adding another Flex spot (which we have done) is an advantage to teams with better depth at WR. It's simply something you plan for. And with Sammy's idea of lowering QB scoring to potentially level out what a mid-tier QB and mid-tier WR might score, it lessens the NEED to play a QB there. 

As it stands today, QBs have virtually no trade value in this league and we're in a golden era of QB play where all 12 teams could easily start 2 legit QBs. 

Again, this isn't something I'm beating the drum for in 2021. I agree teams should have some leash to prepare for something like this. I personally think 2022 is more than enough time to make that transition, but if people need more time, we could convert the Kicker spot to an extra bench spot in 2022 and then convert that bench spot to a Super Flex spot in 2023. 

FWIW, I'm usually against most changes in dynasty/keeper leagues. its just easier to set the rules and not touch them. Theres then no concern about whats fair or not