The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

8 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Love the Wilson pick. Jets are going under-drafted this year. Big believer in his potential behind that offensive line. I wouldn't have passed him up at 3.3 even with Dak and Deshaun. 

Agreed.  I almost grabbed him instead of Hubbard but I need RBs desperately. 

57 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't see the fantasy upside in him for a while.  He has a few backs he needs to beat out and Kerryon Johnson has flashed when healthy. Miles is young and the bell cow.  There are three other backs there that could take snaps and be productive.  He will have to be head and shoulders better than the rest to get enough touches to be fantasy worthy.  Albeit this is a dynasty league, I just don't see much value until Miles is gone.  I think he is a great talent, just in a crowded room. 

I completely agree he has some work to do, and needs to have some things fall his way. However, he is not a perfect prospect in a perfect situation, but I think is a bet as good as any in the late 2nd round. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I completely agree he has some work to do, and needs to have some things fall his way. However, he is not a perfect prospect in a perfect situation, but I think is a bet as good as any in the late 2nd round. 

I agree, and he is easily the next RB off the board, I just don't trust his ability to get chances.  I think he is more talented than Chuba, but drafted Chuba based on the fact he has an injury prone guy in front of him and still could get touches even without him getting hurt because there are zero other RBs on that roster worth discussing.  I don't think either are great options at this point but will see.  I hate needing RBs but having a team good enough to not be in the top 2 picks every year. 

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree, and he is easily the next RB off the board, I just don't trust his ability to get chances.  I think he is more talented than Chuba, but drafted Chuba based on the fact he has an injury prone guy in front of him and still could get touches even without him getting hurt because there are zero other RBs on that roster worth discussing.  I don't think either are great options at this point but will see.  I hate needing RBs but having a team good enough to not be in the top 2 picks every year. 

Lol I feel you it’s difficult especially how all the top RBs go at the top of the draft year in and year out. I hope Chuba works out for you! 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would've taken him sooner if I didnt have Allen-Tannehill-Brady. He was a steal in this format for dynasty although QBs are in general less valued I think

The value was just there for me to move up. Seeing how Goff was the only QB on my roster. I think he could be come my QB 1 eventually in this format or a solid QB2 if we end up going to superflex in the future

2 minutes ago, Lionized said:

The value was just there for me to move up. Seeing how Goff was the only QB on my roster. I think he could be come my QB 1 eventually in this format or a solid QB2 if we end up going to superflex in the future

Yea ive had several people talk about the "will we wont we" go to SF which definitely effects how people draft

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea ive had several people talk about the "will we wont we" go to SF which definitely effects how people draft

SF is definitely a possibility If we want to increase the QB value in this league, another option we haven't talked about is increasing the QB scoring, as it stands we use: 4pts for passing TD's   vs  6pt for TD's ? Not sure which is used more in other leagues?

Or how much of a change/difference it would make to increasing the QB value for trading, like SF would?   

Just one item we will need to workout moving forward.

10 minutes ago, Lionized said:

@winitallif I had gotten both picks from you. Nico Collins would have been the guy. I think he has a really good shot at WR 2 duties this year. Possibly even 1 if cooks gets traded. 

I was choosing between Collins and Wilson and then you made my decision for me. Worked out perfectly for both of us. 

30 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

SF is definitely a possibility If we want to increase the QB value in this league, another option we haven't talked about is increasing the QB scoring, as it stands we use: 4pts for passing TD's   vs  6pt for TD's ? Not sure which is used more in other leagues?

Or how much of a change/difference it would make to increasing the QB value for trading, like SF would?   

Just one item we will need to workout moving forward.

Coming from someone who Commish's a league that experimented with increased QB scoring, it had almost no effect. QB scoring still had a very small variant between guys to where QBs were no more or less valued on the trade market unless it was one of the elite guys like Mahomes. We ended up going SF the following season and haven't looked back since. 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Coming from someone who Commish's a league that experimented with increased QB scoring, it had almost no effect. QB scoring still had a very small variant between guys to where QBs were no more or less valued on the trade market unless it was one of the elite guys like Mahomes. We ended up going SF the following season and haven't looked back since. 

What scoring do you use for QB's in your SF league?