The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

They were using a third party service that has not been updated in two years. So to my knowledge there is no easy way to do it. It is doubtful that there will be an automated way to do it. And if it’s not automated I might as well just look at every teams roster manually every week. It might take 5 minutes/week max…I can live with that 

I am all for self policing and trusting people in the league.  If there is a person who stops maintaining, we can replace/deal with that situation but if not, just let it play out.  Optimum points for dosen't involve week to week opponent so if we were to do that, we might as well just turn it into a bestball league, which I am also against.  

Side note, if a player is ruled out just prior to kickoffs, or on a Monday, that should not count against someone.  But if they do have a guy on IR in their lineup, can the league managers switch their rosters? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Does OPF apply to all matchups or just ones were the team doesn’t field a complete roster?

Both…I think everyone just wants to see managers trying to win every week. When you collect zeros or put inferior players in your roster…you’re affecting more than your own team. 

We’re going to track those types of events. So, yes, though Dobbins was a last second Out…if somehow it affects draft position then we’ll make the appropriate scoring adjustments at the end of the season. Even if we know it’s not intentional…I think it’s important that wins and loses, and draft positions aren’t dictated by even innocent oversights. 

12 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Both…I think everyone just wants to see managers trying to win every week. When you collect zeros or put inferior players in your roster…you’re affecting more than your own team. 

We’re going to track those types of events. So, yes, though Dobbins was a last second Out…if somehow it affects draft position then we’ll make the appropriate scoring adjustments at the end of the season. Even if we know it’s not intentional…I think it’s important that wins and loses, and draft positions aren’t dictated by even innocent oversights. 

Your in box is full :)

On 9/14/2022 at 7:35 PM, sammymvpknight said:

If you add up my entire bench, minus QBs and swapped them out for Dobbins, I still would have lost.  I would have played Davis who scored the same zero.  I should have predicted it and played Cook on Thursday but that would have been negative points.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If you add up my entire bench, minus QBs and swapped them out for Dobbins, I still would have lost.  I would have played Davis who scored the same zero.  I should have predicted it and played Cook on Thursday but that would have been negative points.  

I know...I'm not worried about it. What I'm doing is documenting it, and I will track the point differential for the player that you would have put into the lineup instead of Dobbins. In your case, you likely would put Mike Davis/James Cook into your lineup (or at least I would have). That would have given you -1.8-1.1 points last week. So, no...it wouldn't have influenced the outcome of the game and it won't influence draft position. 

But I just want to be transparent on my process. I want to reinforce that we are all reasonable people here. There will be times that you put someone in your lineup with a lower projected point total than another guy because you disagree with ESPN. That's fine. I don't want anyone to worry about this process. If you aren't trying to cheat there is literally nothing to worry about. But in hindsight, there has been some point shaving in the past. I'm not going to call anyone out (and most has been through prior managers)...I just want everyone to know that it will be something that we will be paying closer attention to. It has to be done or we may start to lose good managers because of frustration. We just need to play with integrity and respect of the game and other managers. I want this league to be competitive, but let's do it the right way. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

On 8/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, Lionized said:

He hasn’t done much supporting lately. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

I hate to break it to you but you didn't draft Chris Olave..... 😎

On 8/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, Lionized said:

I forgot about the future hall of famer Jameis Winston was throwing to him! 🤣

I think Jameis supported him just fine 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Jamison Williams, Brian Robinson, Alec Pierce, Isiah Pacheco, and Isaiah Likely are likely like a nice group of rookies. If before the preseason you would tell me that Williams wouldn’t see the field and Robinson would get nearly killed…I’d have been pretty nervous. But it looks like I may have 5 top 25 rookies.

It may be difficult for me to keep all of them. If you’re interested in trading let me know. I’d been looking to package players and/or picks.