The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

• 2 weeks later...

I may unfortunately be in a position to sell. If you would’ve told me a team with Dak, Mixon, Swift, Kupp, Diggs, Davante, Keenan Allen, DK, Gabe Davis, and Kyle Pitts couldn’t make the playoffs 🤦‍♂️

Feel free to hit me up about Davante, Mixon, Keenan, or anyone else (though those 3 are the ones I’m most likely to move). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think after the season we should consider making it the top-2 teams get a bye versus the two division champions. I get giving the division champions an auto playoff spot, but we’re about to go into the final week with a 12-1, 11-2, and 11-2 team all fighting for one bye while the other bye is locked up by an 8-5 team. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, winitall said:

I think after the season we should consider making it the top-2 teams get a bye versus the two division champions. I get giving the division champions an auto playoff spot, but we’re about to go into the final week with a 12-1, 11-2, and 11-2 team all fighting for one bye while the other bye is locked up by an 8-5 team. 

It’s a thought. As of right now the East has 52 wins compared to the West’s 26. That’s double. It’s not usually this lopsided so it’s never been an issue before. 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, winitall said:

The ESPN site only allows for 2 bye's for the top two division winners.  Even if we had 4 divisions we would only get two bye's for the best two divisional winners.

So, all divisional winners get the top seeds in the playoffs regardless of overall record.

Without looking, I believe we could move to four divisions so the 2 bye's would be more competitive??    

5 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The ESPN site only allows for 2 bye's for the top two division winners.  Even if we had 4 divisions we would only get two bye's for the best two divisional winners.

So, all divisional winners get the top seeds in the playoffs regardless of overall record.

Without looking, I believe we could move to four divisions so the 2 bye's would be more competitive??    

I have perpetually been the second place team in this league…which does indeed suck. I don’t think that anyone cares about the divisions, so it just adds frustration to the second best team in the league that doesn’t get a 1st round bye. [Looks at the projections]…oh, that looks like me again this year. Lol

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have perpetually been the second place team in this league…which does indeed suck. I don’t think that anyone cares about the divisions, so it just adds frustration to the second best team in the league that doesn’t get a 1st round bye. [Looks at the projections]…oh, that looks like me again this year. Lol

Going to 4 Divisions wouldn't totally solve it as the two best teams could still be in the same division.... I'm not sure if we can only have one division?

We have the game of the year, arguably one of the biggest in the past few years,  this week. The stakes? The 2023 1.01. 

This has been a rough year for many, and I just wanted to say thank you to all managers, especially ones near the bottom, that havecontinued to try to field a competitive team even when out of contention. 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:15 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I’d be all for one division if it is available. Having two division never made sense to me in fantasy 

I agree on this.  Divisions don't make sense IMO in fantasy, unless they are adjusted each year to be balanced based on prior year standings.  Two divisions isn't ideal IMO because of this very issue with a low end team getting a bye/better matchup for something completely random like division selection.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree on this.  Divisions don't make sense IMO in fantasy, unless they are adjusted each year to be balanced based on prior year standings.  Two divisions isn't ideal IMO because of this very issue with a low end team getting a bye/better matchup for something completely random like division selection.  

Looks like I’ll be missing my first round bye in spite of being 2nd place once again. It is pretty annoying considering that I was hoping to get Goedert back for the playoffs. Here’s to hoping that Chig can light it up again.