The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

12 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

The insider board is hot with talk that Mac wants out and we want him gone. Did some digging and can't find much to support the claim just a bunch of speculation but it seems like the end is near. 

Also, whoever suggested Stoops as our next HC I'm with you. Give me Stoops, Spavital and I'm sure Stoops would want his brother as our defensive coordinator so I'm fine with that. 

I'm not set on Stoops, but I won't complain either. I just want Crapelwain gone. It reminds me of Jeff Fisher with the Rams. And that's a wound that hasn't quite closed for me.

I will say that I'd hope Stoops wouldn't hire his brother as DC (but I know that he likely would).

12 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

agreed - it's over for Mac, IMO. I think a buyout will be reached soon and everyone will be relieved. 

Yep. Notice how there was no "we support Mac and look forward to continue working with him" or anything like that in his statement. Whether it's this weekend or at the end of the season, he's done. Just too much smoke at this point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Yeah, if there's anyone who still thinks firing Mac is the wrong decision, take a gander at this **** show going on right now. 

I've literally never been more deflated as a fan then I am right now. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx

I'm going to revise my list based on the events of this season. In no particular order, here are the people we should reach out to once Crapelwain goes:

1. Bob Stoops

2. Chip Kelly

3. Justin Fuente

4. Scott Frost

5. Matt Campbell (if he keeps doing what he's doing)

6. Hugh Freeze

7. James Franklin

8. Mike Gundy

9. Chris Petersen

10. Les Miles

Some of these coaches will tell us no. But I think we can find a hell of a coach from this list.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm going to revise my list based on the events of this season. In no particular order, here are the people we should reach out to once Crapelwain goes:

1. Bob Stoops

2. Chip Kelly

3. Justin Fuente

4. Scott Frost

5. Matt Campbell (if he keeps doing what he's doing)

6. Hugh Freeze

7. James Franklin

8. Mike Gundy

9. Chris Petersen

10. Les Miles

Some of these coaches will tell us no. But I think we can find a hell of a coach from this list.

It's got to be someone proven or it's going to be a big hit to recruiting - gotta be Stoops, Gundy, Peterson, Miles or Kelly at this point. 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

It's got to be someone proven or it's going to be a big hit to recruiting - gotta be Stoops, Gundy, Peterson, Miles or Kelly at this point. 

Screw recruiting. I want the right coach. I give zero effs about one year of recruiting. We've never had issues attracting talent. You make a move for the long-term, not the short-term.

There's no guarantee any of those guys are interested aside from Les. And Les would be near the bottom of my list.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Screw recruiting. I want the right coach. I give zero effs about one year of recruiting. We've never had issues attracting talent. You make a move for the long-term, not the short-term.

There's no guarantee any of those guys are interested aside from Les. And Les would be near the bottom of my list.

You bring in someone who flops like our last two have and that's going to put us in Tennessee and Miami (prior to this year) territory. 

We need someone who has proven they can run a big program with success, period. These last seven years have been brutal save for one season in the Champ era. 

Bring in Stoops and Spavital and we have a recipe for success with Spavital eventually taking over - that's the best case scenario. 

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

You bring in someone who flops like our last two have and that's going to put us in Tennessee and Miami (prior to this year) territory. 

We need someone who has proven they can run a big program with success, period. These last seven years have been brutal save for one season in the Champ era. 

Bring in Stoops and Spavital and we have a recipe for success with Spavital eventually taking over - that's the best case scenario. 

There's no guarantee Stoops wants to coach again. All of the others except for Les could turn us down.

We won't be Tennessee and Miami territory no matter what. Miami is paying for a lack of institutional support. Tennessee isn't sitting in Florida.

Neither Urbz nor Spurrier had proven they could run big programs. You gotta risk it for the biscuit. Personally, I'm a big fan of Hugh Freeze. Imagine what he could do recruiting at UF.