BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Watch the film. I see Wilson going through more progressions. Now offensive design has a lot to do with this. The comment that you would possibly attribute to lower level of competition is wrong. 

Fair enough. I admire quality arm talent so when that is a selling point for a player I’m usually quite intrigued. I would probably prefer Fields over Wilson still at this point in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Why?

I trust his body of work a little bit more. Quality decision maker, wins in the intermediate area of the field, and is athletic enough to win in RPOs. I’ve been adamant that with a good roster he should produce at above average levels immediately.

• Like 1

I don't think Fields is a total waste of a pick or anything, despite my personal opinion of his pro prospects, but I do love how the entire scouting community apparently forgot that he failed to beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia, then went to an offensive system that made Dwayne Haskins look like an ultra-efficient passer.

Edited by Blue

52 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think Fields is a total waste of a pick or anything, despite my personal opinion of his pro prospects, but I do love how the entire scouting community apparently forgot that he failed to beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia, then went to an offensive system that made Dwayne Haskins look like an ultra-efficient passer.

Yeah, but we're also talking about a guy who couldn't beat out Dwayne Haskins going #1 overall last year... ;) 

• Like 2