BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, Whicker said:

The Brewers?

Dad has never been a big baseball person.

But my mom's dad signed a professional baseball contract way back when and he got me hooked on the Braves.  Plus, I was a kid during the years of Terry Pendleton, Fred McGriff, and those amazing pitching staffs.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Dad has never been a big baseball person.

But my mom's dad signed a professional baseball contract way back when and he got me hooked on the Braves.  Plus, I was a kid during the years of Terry Pendleton, Fred McGriff, and those amazing pitching staffs.

I see. I just figured Nashville Sounds are the AAA affiliate of the Brewers. I’m a fan of the Dodgers because their AAA affiliate is in OKC and I go to their games several times a year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I see. I just figured Nashville Sounds are the AAA affiliate of the Brewers. I’m a fan of the Dodgers because their AAA affiliate is in OKC and I go to their games several times a year 

Ah, my dad is from Wisconsin which is how I became a Packers fan.  Picked up the Braves due to geography and my granddad.  Then Preds and Vols from being in Tennessee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Both are top 50 prospects 

Drake Jackson overrated. And London alil bit too but he's still decent at least

Also, I statrted my gameplan earlier sober but I',m finishing it drunk so we'll see how I do

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Drake Jackson overrated. And London alil bit too but he's still decent at least

Also, I statrted my gameplan earlier sober but I',m finishing it drunk so we'll see how I do

Jackson is very finesse as a rusher but he has the tools teams fall in love with. 

13 hours ago, Jlash said:

@Blue you ready to come get Kyle Hamilton top3 with a biiiig ole knee injury?

He’s fine, looks like just a sprain. But depending on the type of injury? Yeah absolutely.

12 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Kyle Fuller becoming total *** is disappointing. No doubt he'll shut down  Hopkins, Moore and Samuel since just having 2 legs seems to be enough to stop my WRs now lol.

Fuller really only had the one big season in a contract year.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

Well his rookie year, 4 of his 10 came against Cincy. His total fell to 7 the next year. I honestly felt he reached his max and is probably a 6-8 sack a year guy so that's why I traded him. No idea he was battling full blown alcoholism his first two seasons. I'm still seeing the same trends as far as success in actually getting to the QB though.

Should have actually watched Maxx Crosby. You can see the explosion and ability. Not that those things matter in this league, just stats.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

He’s fine, looks like just a sprain. But depending on the type of injury? Yeah absolutely.

Fuller really only had the one big season in a contract year.

Should have actually watched Maxx Crosby. You can see the explosion and ability. Not that those things matter in this league, just stats.

If this was true your Cancun team would have won more games the past two years with Mahomes at the helm. I think you should give the voters in the league a little more credit. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

This league also devalues quarterback and grossly overvalues running back.

I highly disagree with this but I expect you to take this stance with your running back situation. Which I will say isn’t as bad as some have made it out to be. 

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I highly disagree with this but I expect you to take this stance with your running back situation. Which I will say isn’t as bad as some have made it out to be. 

The only seasons I ever did anything in the playoffs in this league before I left, with Aaron Rodgers in his prime with Deandre Hopkins and Jordy Nelson at receiver and an annually elite offensive line, were the two years Doug Martin was elite.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think this league effectively treats running back and quarterback as equally-valuable positions.

Edit: meh, maybe I’m misremembering. But it’s absurd how often people have and will use “well team X can’t run the ball” as an excuse to vote against an elite passing game.

Edited by Blue