BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

The only seasons I ever did anything in the playoffs in this league before I left, with Aaron Rodgers in his prime with Deandre Hopkins and Jordy Nelson at receiver and an annually elite offensive line, were the two years Doug Martin was elite.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think this league effectively treats running back and quarterback as equally-valuable positions.

Edit: meh, maybe I’m misremembering. But it’s absurd how often people have and will use “well team X can’t run the ball” as an excuse to vote against an elite passing game.

He’s not in the league anymore but majority of times pickle voted against Singapore was based on Brady’s performances the past two seasons. And that’s just one example. 

• Like 1

The only seasons I ever did anything in the playoffs in this league before I left, with Aaron Rodgers in his prime with Deandre Hopkins and Jordy Nelson at receiver and an annually elite offensive line, were the two years Doug Martin was elite.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think this league effectively treats running back and quarterback as equally-valuable positions.

Edit: meh, maybe I’m misremembering. But it’s absurd how often people have and will use “well team X can’t run the ball” as an excuse to vote against an elite passing game.

For me, there is a tipping point of "they'd be so ineffective running the ball that the defense wouldn't respect it at all".  Because then the DL can just just get straight upfield and linebackers and safeties can bail into coverage which really tightens throwing windows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For me, there is a tipping point of "they'd be so ineffective running the ball that the defense wouldn't respect it at all".  Because then the DL can just just get straight upfield and linebackers and safeties can bail into coverage which really tightens throwing windows.

I seriously doubt any team in this league is less committed or effective at running the ball than the KC team that won the Super Bowl two years ago.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I seriously doubt any team in this league is less committed or effective at running the ball than the KC team that won the Super Bowl two years ago.

They got production out their RB in the receiving game though! 

And playoff Damien Williams was a different player. 

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

Should have actually watched Maxx Crosby. You can see the explosion and ability. Not that those things matter in this league, just stats.

When Raiders games are available, I've watched whenever I can. 

And I've always been on the side of ability vs stats in this league, and I've said far too often this is treated like a standard fantasy league where people only take Sundays body of work into account. 

No need to take a shot at me man. I just thought Crosby peaked and he was feasting on bad tackles. Probably wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

They got production out their RB in the receiving game though! 

And playoff Damien Williams was a different player. 

it’s not too late to delete your Damien Williams…whatever the opposite of slander is

Kansas City might have won in 2018 if Kareem Hunt doesn’t have that off field incident. So KC certainly has had impactful presences at RB. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

it’s not too late to delete your Damien Williams…whatever the opposite of slander is

Don’t kid yourself. Rewatch the film and look at the stats.

They still averaged 101.5 rushing yards per game during the regular season.  And had 118, 112, and 129 rushing yards in their 3 playoff victories.  So it's not like they were completely inept.

I agree that RB is overvalued but disagree about QB being undervalued. But I also do agree with Rags that there is a minimum threshold of potential effectiveness you need to have in the running game to keep from being completely one dimensional.

• Like 1