BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I am bewildered that you would question my integrity like that.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That was also before I noticed this trade was originally made on Monday.

I still have PTSD from the Mahomes deal.

I think that completes a successful deadline for me..

Gave up

Matt Ryan - 1/17,000
CJ Mosley - 3/8500
Garrett Bradbury - 2/2,105
2022 Seoul 2nd
2022 Gotham 7th
2023 Raleigh 3rd

Received

Russell Wilson -  1/20,0001
Jordan Love -  2/1,135
Taylor Lewan - 2/12,000
2023 4th - Camden

Basically Gave up a 7th ,  to get rid of 2 guys I wanted to free up cap.   

Moved an early 2nd + dropping around 16 spots next year,  for a QB I'd much rather 3 up  +  whatever Lewan gives me moving forward.   Along with a developmental QB in a weak QB year in Love  

Or at least that was Seoul's train of thought.

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I think that completes a successful deadline for me..

Gave up

Matt Ryan - 1/17,000
CJ Mosley - 3/8500
Garrett Bradbury - 2/2,105
2022 Seoul 2nd
2022 Gotham 7th
2023 Raleigh 3rd

Received

Russell Wilson -  1/20,0001
Jordan Love -  2/1,135
Taylor Lewan - 2/12,000
2023 4th - Camden

Basically Gave up a 7th ,  to get rid of 2 guys I wanted to free up cap.   

Moved an early 2nd + dropping around 16 spots next year,  for a QB I'd much rather 3 up  +  whatever Lewan gives me moving forward.   Along with a developmental QB in a weak QB year in Love  

Or at least that was Seoul's train of thought.

Had you gotten Russell Wilson and nothing else you would’ve won all these deals. I think timing and other needs affected his market but he’s on the small list of people who significantly alter games. With an upcoming draft and his extended absence you’ve set yourself up very well for the next couple seasons.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Had you gotten Russell Wilson and nothing else you would’ve won all these deals. I think timing and other needs affected his market but he’s on the small list of people who significantly alter games. With an upcoming draft and his extended absence you’ve set yourself up very well for the next couple seasons.

Going to be hard to roster a Top QB not on a rookie deal   with the cap next year.   Unless you have really built up through the draft the previous two years.      Was close,   it kills my flexibility this offseason.. and wasn't going to trade a ton for him.   But I have a QB now.   

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Going to be hard to roster a Top QB not on a rookie deal   with the cap next year.   Unless you have really built up through the draft the previous two years.      Was close,   it kills my flexibility this offseason.. and wasn't going to trade a ton for him.   But I have a QB now.   

Yeah, I took a few to sort out my cap next year with Rodgers.  I think I'll be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Yeah I basically wouldn't really be able to bring back Wilson no matter what this offseason. I thought about letting him walk and trying for him in FA but ultimately decided it would be best to just get what I could and move on. There's many guys who if I don't get the value I want, I'm fine holding onto them but Wilson wasn't one of them.

It's funny because Seoul trading Ryan to Camden screwed me out of a potential better deal and they got Wilson on the cheap so definitely they are winners at the trade deadline.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah I basically wouldn't really be able to bring back Wilson no matter what this offseason. I thought about letting him walk and trying for him in FA but ultimately decided it would be best to just get what I could and move on. There's many guys who if I don't get the value I want, I'm fine holding onto them but Wilson wasn't one of them.

It's funny because Seoul trading Ryan to Camden screwed me out of a potential better deal and they got Wilson on the cheap so definitely they are winners at the trade deadline.

Any time we can blame @Jlash for something he deserves it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I will say, if I lose this week, my shot at the playoffs is basically nil, so Rodgers will be up for trade.  

Well I think the trade deadline is this Saturday (not totally sure though) so not sure if that'll work.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

NFL is Nov. 2 and I thought we were the same?

Just checked the rules sheet and it says Nov 1 is the trade deadline. So not sure if that means at the end of the day Nov 1st or not. So at best you have until late Monday to do it.