BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

And the it just crashed on me of course 

This workbook really needs to get moved over to the version I'm paying for.  It doesn't have all these issues.

I want to say that you were able to open the tcmd workbook that is being built and it has way more stuff happening in it.

I'll get with @SirA1 but I'm pretty sure he'll want to wait until the season is over before moving things over, because it would require changing links posted in the forum as well as changing some formulas so that the spotrac data updates correctly.

@Blue will love this one from Kirby Smart

“I think those things are a joke really, personally,” Smart said of commercial football metrics. “When we go talk to NFL scouts, they laugh at PFF, or whatever the source may be. What they do, they use them to pull up and evaluate guys.

“A lot of times, PFF is a guy that works at another job during the day and that’s just his secondary job … "

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

“I think those things are a joke really, personally,” Smart said of commercial football metrics. “When we go talk to NFL scouts, they laugh at PFF, or whatever the source may be. What they do, they use them to pull up and evaluate guys.

“A lot of times, PFF is a guy that works at another job during the day and that’s just his secondary job … "

Can't say I'm a fan of PFF grades.  The only thing I do like about them is that they provide OL grades, granted they aren't great but it works for what I do with tcmd.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Trust me, I wanted to do the deal with someone else, especially after pheltz tried (and eventually succeeded) to strong arm me on the deal. But at the end of the day I realized I needed to move Kittle in preparation for the Great Cap Catastrophe of 2022. So I had to move him for just the 3rd.

This is why you don't prepare for cap catastrophe. Then you don't wind up underselling.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

For those who have done any sort of calculations so far, how much do you predict to have this offseason? After factoring in my double downs and 3 downs, and how much I'll be paying to my 3 ups, 5th year options, RFA/ERFAs, and draft picks...I should have ~$15,000 for free agency. Which doesn't seem like much but will probably be solid for this offseason.

spongebob-patrick.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

This workbook really needs to get moved over to the version I'm paying for.  It doesn't have all these issues.

I want to say that you were able to open the tcmd workbook that is being built and it has way more stuff happening in it.

I'll get with @SirA1 but I'm pretty sure he'll want to wait until the season is over before moving things over, because it would require changing links posted in the forum as well as changing some formulas so that the spotrac data updates correctly.

Yes next season on that.

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

PFF is great for the offensive and defensive lines. Good if you have corners from a man heavy scheme. The rest is pretty hit or miss as there's a lot of scheme dependant things they don't take into account 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

PFF is great for the offensive and defensive lines. Good if you have corners from a man heavy scheme. The rest is pretty hit or miss as there's a lot of scheme dependant things they don't take into account 

Pretty much this. I don't think it's terrible as such for other positions since there would be a correlation of PFF and eye test for the most part, but DL largely fool proof given it's data supported (run stops, tfls, sacks, pressures) and OL is generally one on one and easy to tell as complex assignments aren't that common on a play by play basis.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Lol PFF is especially terrible for OL and CBs. They have no idea what a guy's assignment is or what they're supposed to be doing on any given play. They make assumptions all the time.

hence why I say cb are really only good for man heavy defenses

• Like 1