Has there ever been a more transparent tank job?

SmittyBacall

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

let us not forget that hurts was playing terribly

if this was a reg season game and the eagles were sat at like 2-5 and did this nobody would care imo

Yes, hopefully everyone agrees now there was no tank job whatsoever and people just wanted to inject some drama into their lives.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:15 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

And this could be true too.  Who knows.  I personally don't believe in tanking myself, but I can certainly understand why it may seem that way to some people at times,  especially in this instance with how Pederson (or whoever else may be involved) allegedly handled the whole situation.  

There is one consistent aspect of coaching that you hear from every coaches at every level and that is how important it is to keep everyone on the same page at all times from top to bottom and that doesn't really seem to be the case here based on the mixed reports.

This incentive argument doesn’t seem to hold water anymore after what I’ve read since the game ended.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:19 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

You don't think both can be true though?  I do.

I said exactly that one post ago. 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Go_Giants said:

Just to be sure, you are saying because a decade ago the Giants used a tactic to help them counter the no huddle offense. The current coaching staff and players can't complain about any thing at all?

If so, you have no grip on reality.

In the context of crying about the integrity of the game. Be like Tom Brady whining about someone else deflating footballs.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:53 AM, WheatieMan said:

Lurie needs to do the right thing and fire Pederson and Howie if he had a hand in this as well. Start with a clean slate. You cannot destroy the image of your team so soon after a championship. And I’m a Cowboy fan. It’s a disgrace to the organization and the league.

Finally made the move he had to make. Now he’s got to demote or fire Howie.

Edited by WheatieMan

On 1/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Silver said:

In the context of crying about the integrity of the game. Be like Tom Brady whining about someone else deflating footballs.

Your example does not apply in any way to the Giants. Tom Brady fully participated with the deflating of the balls, if another team does it to him he does not have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about it.

If you wanted to say Tom Coughlin was coaching the Giants when that play happened he can't ever complain about the integrity of the game. I would still disagree with you but I could at least follow the logic. Coughlin was the coach he has to own that situation.  Joe Judge was not part of the Giants organization then, none of the players on this team were part of the Giants then.

So to give a proper example of your logic  would be the government saying to someone, 'We just got information  that before you were born your grandfather was involved in an auto accident. There were no fatalities or permanent injuries yet we are still revoking your driver license for what he did.'

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Go_Giants said:

Your example does not apply in any way to the Giants. Tom Brady fully participated with the deflating of the balls, if another team does it to him he does not have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about it.

If you wanted to say Tom Coughlin was coaching the Giants when that play happened he can't ever complain about the integrity of the game. I would still disagree with you but I could at least follow the logic. Coughlin was the coach he has to own that situation.  Joe Judge was not part of the Giants organization then, none of the players on this team were part of the Giants then.

So to give a proper example of your logic  would be the government saying to someone, 'We just got information  that before you were born your grandfather was involved in an auto accident. There were no fatalities or permanent injuries yet we are still revoking your driver license for what he did.'

Fine. Whatever. You win. Giants fans can cry foul when time suits them. I don’t recall the Packers, the 49ers, or a lot of great teams pointing fingers about gamesmanship after flaunting rules. But you got it, you win, enjoy duality.