2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

Cutting Weeks hurts. We can't keep the damn long snapper that's been with us since 2010?! I do like the Ingram signing, although I'm not surprised since he was in Baltimore with Culley and is a high character guy. I don't mind keeping Cooks with a lower cap hit. Caserio is on his game, although Deshaun looms large in the background. 

I hate that I don't hate this Ingram signing. If Ingram takes in a timeshare for carries, and the offense uses David Johnson as a receiving RB, this is a solid move - and at $3mm, it's pocket change.

Caserio is proving to be pretty adept at cap management and contract negotiations. If he could disassociate himself from Easterby (aka fire him) and get Watson back in the fold, he could prove himself as incredible.

• Like 1

If you're the type to buy into PFF - this is a potential disaster signing if he plays a lot.

There's a theme on these signings - cheap, one year deals with players who are potentially out the league after poor play or injury. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

If you're the type to buy into PFF - this is a potential disaster signing if he plays a lot.

There's a theme on these signings - cheap, one year deals with players who are potentially out the league after poor play or injury. 

For the price tag though, I don't hate it. Mark Ingram gets $1.5 million base with a $500k signing bonus and can earn another $1 million in incentives ($250k if he hits 750 yards rushing, another $250k if he hits 1,000 yards rushing, per game active roster bonus on the remaining $500k). I'm sure Christian's is something similar where he gets $3 million with a $500k signing bonus and the rest available if he hits incentives. The theme I see is low risk, high potential. There's a real chance Kirksey isn't the same after all those injures, but we owe them nothing past this year if that's the case. If they do well, we got a great value on them. That's why I suggested Malcom Brown as well. What Bill O'Brien failed to realize in spectacular fashion is you build your team through the draft and fill in the gaps with quality free agents. You need the Shaun Cody, Will Demps, and Kevin Walters of the world to fill out your roster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

For the price tag though, I don't hate it. Mark Ingram gets $1.5 million base with a $500k signing bonus and can earn another $1 million in incentives ($250k if he hits 750 yards rushing, another $250k if he hits 1,000 yards rushing, per game active roster bonus on the remaining $500k). I'm sure Christian's is something similar where he gets $3 million with a $500k signing bonus and the rest available if he hits incentives. The theme I see is low risk, high potential. There's a real chance Kirksey isn't the same after all those injures, but we owe them nothing past this year if that's the case. If they do well, we got a great value on them. That's why I suggested Malcom Brown as well. What Bill O'Brien failed to realize in spectacular fashion is you build your team through the draft and fill in the gaps with quality free agents. You need the Shaun Cody, Will Demps, and Kevin Walters of the world to fill out your roster. 

The move of signing vets to 1 year deals makes sense and is what I liked about the brief Brian Gaine era. There is no need to lock your cap up with players like Martin, Mercilus, Cobb, and Murray.

• Like 2

i dont hate these signings, im just happy we've got players signing for us at all for cheap contracts. its likely going to take more than 2 years to fix the team, so i kind of expect the moves we make right now to be boring since we wont have many rookies

transition year

Next year we have a TON of cap room if we can avoid long contracts. I like the signings as far as position and amount, idk about the players though. 

the real deal though is that we made a tank hire at HC. We are gonna suck the next two years intentionally and then bring in a quality coach who is rich with young players and draft capitol.