Which Rookie RB would you choose going forward to start a franchise with?

Scoundrel

We’ve seen their rookie regular seasons come to an end. If you could choose one 2020 rookie RB to start a franchise with, which one are you choosing? (I couldn’t list out that many options in the poll for some reason)

1. Clyde Edwards-Helaire

2. D’Andre Swift

3. Jonathan Taylor

4. Cam Akers

5. JK Dobbins

6. AJ Dillon

7. Antonio Gibson 

8. Zack Moss

9. James Robinson 

10. Other

Robinson went out against the Ravens early, so I don’t have as much to base my opinion of him on as I’d like. I did watch the first Titans game where he impressed me however.

I also haven’t watched a single Rams game this season to comment on Akers, so I can only rank him from the game highlights I’ve seen, my prospect ranking, and his stats.

I also feel like enough guys still need to separate themselves or perhaps will remain entangled as similarly ranked players throughout their career like a Barkley/Chubb.

I’ll probably have to return to this thread after the playoffs wrap up (if I remember) to offer a stronger opinion, but gun to my head:

Tier One
Jonathan Taylor
JK Dobbins
James Robinson

Tier Two
Clyde Edwards-Helair
D’Andre Swift
Antonio Gibson

Tier Three
Zack Moss
Cam Akers

Tier Four
AJ Dillon

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

AJ Dillon simply is stuck behind Williams & Jones on the depth chart (Personally think he should be ahead of Williams but Williams is great in blitz pick up.) His one game where he actually got a shot to run the football:

21 Car, 124 Yards, 5.9 AVG, 2 TDs

I don't think he will ever be the best RB in this class but I do believe he will be one of the top RBs in this class by the next couple seasons. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

Antonio Gibson quietly had a great year on an offense that had no stability at QB. The OL overachieved, so that had a lot to do with his performance - but he was an ideal RB who was able to take what was given to him and then some.

I probably take Taylor or Robinson ahead of him, but not by much. I think he's in line for some great seasons.

• Like 2

First off, I'll reiterate my opinion that 90% of being a good runningback is good offensive line play and offensive scheme

I think Taylor and Dobbins are the two most talented backs who are also in favorable situations

Gun to my head I would probably choose Dobbins if everything else was equal as per your hypothetical, Deandre Swift and Taylor are both right there for me

• Like 1