Who here....????

Thaiphoon

Who here, besides me, is a little upset that we lost. Not because of the team losing and wanting to see them win a playoff game for the first time in 15 years.

No. 

Because you wanted to see Heinecke play another game this season. 

I was severely underestimating this guy and he kinda blew me away. Kid was poised. Was elusive as hell. Played heads-up football and really delivered tonight. I'm feeling much better about the position going into 2021.

Now, granted it was only one game. But that was a big reason why I wanted us to win tonight.

To see MOAR!!

• Like 4

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Who here, besides me, is a little upset that we lost. Not because of the team losing and wanting to see them win a playoff game for the first time in 15 years.

No. 

Because you wanted to see Heinecke play another game this season. 

I was severely underestimating this guy and he kinda blew me away. Kid was poised. Was elusive as hell. Played heads-up football and really delivered tonight. I'm feeling much better about the position going into 2021.

Now, granted it was only one game. But that was a big reason why I wanted us to win tonight.

To see MOAR!!

Naw.  What if he sucked next week?  At least we can chew on this all offseason.  Like George Constanza said, you gotta walk out on a high note!

• Like 1

Heinike had no business taking Tom Brady the distance but he took Tom freaking Brady the distance. Were the Bucs prepared for Alex Smith and Heinike suprised them a bit? Probably, but the kid improved as the game went on. That’s what impressed me. He missed high a couple of times early, but the world expected him to look lost and he clearly wasn’t lost. Rather, he looked cool and in control of the offense all night. He didn’t check in and out of many plays, but we don’t know how much leash he was given to do that. He was fine, and as this young team continues to grow that might be all they need. 

I'm going to say this and stand by it emphatically:

Taylor Heinicke did enough to beat Tom Brady today.

He put 23 points on the board and our defense laid an egg. Chase Young for all the hype and talk, did nothing big. Besides DaRon Payne, our defense really didn't play great. You CANNOT allow Tom Brady to sit in the pocket. We were out-schemed by a better coaching staff and better players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm going to say this and stand by it emphatically:

Taylor Heinicke did enough to beat Tom Brady today.

He put 23 points on the board and our defense laid an egg. Chase Young for all the hype and talk, did nothing big. Besides DaRon Payne, our defense really didn't play great. You CANNOT allow Tom Brady to sit in the pocket. We were out-schemed by a better coaching staff and better players.

Agreed

The catch a what should have been fumble out of bounds for a first, is what eventually decided the game imo.

It was a bad call.

I believe we score there, with a chance to tie on 2-pt conversion.

Having said that, I'm proud of the team. The defense did not play their best, but Taylor played well enough to win that game.

What impressed me the most was how the Sims brothers played. They stepped up.

i feel he earned the right to have a chance to compete for the job next year, seriousy this guy was really good tonight. He was making good reads and was deadly accurate. not to mention he can scramble. This was a playoff game against tom brady and he made our offense look better then it has all year besides the dallas game i think. He seems like he's a student of the game and could be better then allen. Worse case scenario is that he is a backup.