2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

So Zeitler just signed with the Ravens for 22mill over 3 years, while I know he isn’t as good as Scherrf, I don’t believe Scherrf is worth double what that contract averages a year.....

Norwells restructure also puts him at a max of 12 mill a year with 9 mill guaranteed this season

While we still have Cap room to use and get some pieces it’s crazy to me that we could snag quite a few more pieces if we weren’t tied up with 18 mill going to Scherrf. That money is the equivalent of two very solid starters

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So Zeitler just signed with the Ravens for 22mill over 3 years, while I know he isn’t as good as Scherrf, I don’t believe Scherrf is worth double what that contract averages a year.....

Norwells restructure also puts him at a max of 12 mill a year with 9 mill guaranteed this season

While we still have Cap room to use and get some pieces it’s crazy to me that we could snag quite a few more pieces if we weren’t tied up with 18 mill going to Scherrf. That money is the equivalent of two very solid starters

Preaching to the choir here my man !

51 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

They aren’t going to spend it lol. If they rescind the tag they’re just going to keep the money. 

Sounds like Darby is headed down the Ereck Flowery path, allowed to hit FA and not impressed by our offer. In other words, probably gone like the wind and now we are looking at another hole. 

Hard to imagine how many more times this will happen before they start doing away with these one-year deals. Especially because the “quantity over quality” approach they employed last season, at least, eliminates even the benefit you can get from playing the comp pick game with these reclamation projects. 

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Sounds like Darby is headed down the Ereck Flowery path, allowed to hit FA and not impressed by our offer. In other words, probably gone like the wind and now we are looking at another hole. 

Hard to imagine how many more times this will happen before they start doing away with these one-year deals. Especially because the “quantity over quality” approach they employed last season, at least, eliminates even the benefit you can get from playing the comp pick game with these reclamation projects. 

Oh don’t you worry. Well just find another Darby. Super easy. 

18 hours ago, Woz said:

The more I think about it, the more I would wait. The Jets are either going to sell out for Watson(1), draft the next QB at #2 (2), or the Jets stick with Darnold(3). There is no real value in being aggressive to acquire Darnold.

(1) In which case WFT can probably get Darnold for a song
(2) In which case WFT can probably get Darnold for cheaper than a 3rd.
(3) In which case WFT probably dodges a bullet.

I don't think so.  They will get a minimum of what the cardinals got for Rosen.  

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think it is going to continue this way(i hope), but Rivera has started the free agency period on the same path as last year of 1 year deals.  Scherff got his 18M/ 1 year deal.  Hopkins got a 1 year deal.  Who is next?

I heard the Rivera family prefers to lease cars :)

16 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't think it is going to continue this way(i hope), but Rivera has started the free agency period on the same path as last year of 1 year deals.  Scherff got his 18M/ 1 year deal.  Hopkins got a 1 year deal.  Who is next?

I heard the Rivera family prefers to lease cars :)

I think fans are fooling themselves into believe this is sustainable long term. Letting everyone walk, signing one year deals and hoarding all of your cap space is great when you have a franchise QB. He’s in for a rude awakening facing the schedule they’re facing and acting like he can take the same approach as last season. We aren’t playing Ben Danucci again. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really have no problem with letting Darby walk as opposed to overpaying him. A good pass rush can make corners look better than they really are. I think Darby worked out for us as a stop gap but he’s not elite and probably wants elite money. I truly believe we can replace him. 

William Jackson III, Xavier Rhodes, Pat Pete, 1st round rookie. Could all be Darby replacements. 

Edited by Umbaugh21

I am way too accustomed to "the Redskins way". I woke up this morning and immediately checked my phone to see what deals we made now that the "legal tampering" period has begun. 

The sad part is I don't know whether I was excited or disappointed when we didn't make any moves.