2021 Senior Bowl Thread

Jeezla

On 1/27/2021 at 1:36 AM, Jeezla said:

DeVonta declined to get measured/weighed aside from hand/arm length/wingspan. He will wait til Bama pro day to measure.

Never understood this you are there just do the measurements it's different if u don't run/test. Kinda like you want to hide stuff. 

Why the heck didn't y'all tell me about Jaylon Moore? Dear god, I thought this OT class was stacked before I knew of D'Ante Smith and Jaylon Moore. Some teams might not consider him a tackle because he's right on the borderline in terms of height/length (6'4" with about 33.5" arms), but I think they're sorely mistaken. Watched his reps in the Senior Bowl, and I am impressed. I turned on some games from his senior year, and I'm even more impressed.

He has some technical flaws to clean up with his punch timing, how he holds his hands, and letting his weight get over his toes on some running plays, but he's smooth, doesn't panic when the defender gains what seems to be the advantage, recovers incredibly well, and has one hell of an anchor. And to top all of that off, he's so quick on his feet that guys really struggle to find a corner to turn on him.

I think he'll be a great guard (especially in the ZBS) as he polishes his game, but I also think he has the ability to be a really good LT. He impressed me more than Liam Eichenberg and Alex Leatherwood (and I'm not low on either guy).

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If you hit 33" arm length, I think the possibility is open to play OT.  Below that and historically the odds of success are low.  6'4" doesn't bother me with 33.5" arms.

I think Leatherwood is a RT in the NFL.

Marvin Wilson looks slow, even for a NT.

Still think Leatherwood gets kicked inside.  IIRC, his feet are slow.  He's going to have issues with twitchier pass rushers.  And Wilson LOST himself a LOT of money by returning to Florida State.  Should have declared last year.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why the heck didn't y'all tell me about Jaylon Moore? Dear god, I thought this OT class was stacked before I knew of D'Ante Smith and Jaylon Moore. Some teams might not consider him a tackle because he's right on the borderline in terms of height/length (6'4" with about 33.5" arms), but I think they're sorely mistaken. Watched his reps in the Senior Bowl, and I am impressed. I turned on some games from his senior year, and I'm even more impressed.

He has some technical flaws to clean up with his punch timing, how he holds his hands, and letting his weight get over his toes on some running plays, but he's smooth, doesn't panic when the defender gains what seems to be the advantage, recovers incredibly well, and has one hell of an anchor. And to top all of that off, he's so quick on his feet that guys really struggle to find a corner to turn on him.

I think he'll be a great guard (especially in the ZBS) as he polishes his game, but I also think he has the ability to be a really good LT. He impressed me more than Liam Eichenberg and Alex Leatherwood (and I'm not low on either guy).

I'll take all 3 Moore's. Dan and David look good too.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Still think Leatherwood gets kicked inside.  IIRC, his feet are slow.  He's going to have issues with twitchier pass rushers.  And Wilson LOST himself a LOT of money by returning to Florida State.  Should have declared last year.

I think Leatherwood's most likely position is at LG, but I think he's capable of playing LT if he irons out a few technical flaws. He's a pretty polished kid, and I don't agree his feet are slow. He's a bit stiff in the lower half, which I agree will cause him trouble against twitchy rushers. That's why he's going to need to be pretty flawless to stay at LT and play at a high level.

56 minutes ago, animaltested said:

DJ Daniel really interesting. Cant teach those/that 33" / 81" . Can really give WR's fits.

He's a little grabby, but he has sticky cover skills.

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Radunz looks pretty good

He does. Jaylon Moore and Quinn Meinerz especially have impressed me. Humphrey is the most polished guy there, but Meinerz's upside just jumps out to me. He's playing like that coming from DIII football. Moore's quickness, mirroring ability, and anchor also stand out to me. He has to fix his hand usage and punch, though. He catches more than punches and needs to keep his arms from going to his side; it leaves his chest exposed. If you can get him to keep his hands up and be the aggressor (and not let his weight get forward every now and then), he's going to be a guy who just stonewalls pass rushers.

• Like 1