2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Pretty happy to get Eskridge this late. I have seen some pretty high grades on him. NMD gave him a 1st round grade tho I don't think he will be picked before the 3rd round.

Eskridge could be a development guy that turn into a starter in 2022 since it will probably going to be hard to keep Tim Patrick.

Also Eskridge could be a punt returner right away and share kickoff return duties with Patterson.

If someone needs a returner Diontae Spencer can be had for a late pick or a pick swap.

I was torn between him and Atwell. In the end I went with the safer of the two. Both gadget/slot guys who could work great in certain scenarios and schemes 

I gotta say, I know we could have gotten Nixon later, and barely missing on Roche and Surratt is annoying, but I would be very happy if the Titans came away with the players we did this offseason.

Offense will still be one of the top ones, and we actually have a decent front seven now.

Thanks guys.

DISCUSSION THREAD DATA
  • 4.6k replies
  • 46.8k views
TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC
  • ny92mike - 1,084 posts
  • JetsandI - 440 posts
  • mountainpd - 435 posts
  • squire12 - 243 posts

POPULAR DAYS

• Feb 24 2021 - 435 posts
  • Feb 25 2021 - 361 posts
  • Feb 12 2021 - 300 posts
  • Feb 26 2021 - 249 posts

• Like 2

Just now, mountainpd said:

Be great if everyone could do this I think these are a great read. Need 10+ for a true evaluation IMO.

I think for next season, if the links are placed in the private workbooks or in the draft board doc.  They might get more attention, also placing the final grades into a column within the draft board to make them easier to view could promote more to get involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think for next season, if the links are placed in the private workbooks or in the draft board doc.  They might get more attention, also placing the final grades into a column within the draft board to make them easier to view could promote more to get involved.

I think they'll get more interest as the draft winds down.  I only just now voted for all three rounds.

• Like 1

In fact, here are my favorite and least favorite picks for each round, in order of pick, not grade.  Just my opinion.

First Round, Best:

Justin Fields, Falcons: Fields is the second best QB in this class, so getting him in the fourth slot, as the third QB taken, is a great value.

Kwity Paye, Colts: Great value.  I have Paye as a top 10 player, and he can play in multiple defensive fronts.  Would be a great fit in Indy.

Zaven Collins, Packers: Another steal, Collins is my top ILB, but he's listed as an OLB, which probably isn't his best fit IMO.  That said, he's a stellar player, and if the DC can make use of his versatility, a stud.

Worst:

Kyle Pitts, Chargers: Pitts is a great TE, but I don't know if the drop from him to Freirmouth (sp?) is that great, so it's pretty early to take him IMO.

Trevon Moehrig, Dolphins: Like Pitts, Moehrig is a good safety prospect, but not an elite one.  This is too early for him.

Second Round, Best:

Travis Etienne, Chargers: Not an insane value, but Etienne is a great, versatile back that the Herbert will love.  There were a lot of solid picks in the early parts of this round.

Josh Myers, Cardinals: Myers is my top center, so getting him in the bottom half of Round 2 after so many other OLs went off the board is a great value.

Joe Tryon, Titans: Yeah, it's our pick, but I had Tryon second only to Rousseau in the entire class at Edge, so landing him here felt like an enormous steal.

Worst:

Richie Grant, Dallas: One spot after Holland?  And before Ford, Nasirildeen, and Cisco?  Nah.

Dylan Moses, Saints: I'm probably lower on Moses than most, but I think Browning and Bolton are waaay better in almost every aspect of the game.

Jayson Oweh, Bengals: This is a full transcript of my prospect notes on Oweh, after watching a couple of his games: "Meh."

Third Round, Best: This one was hard, there were tons of stellar value picks here.

Paris Ford, Football Team: My third ranked safety, Ford reads and reacts like a linebacker, and plays fast.  He's a little lean, but for a centerfielding safety, that's fine.  He has the frame to add 10 lbs easy.

Amon-Ra St. Brown, Rams: St. Brown should have gone in the middle of the second round.  The Rams did WR needy teams dirty getting him here.

Chazz Surratt, Chargers: Chargers making up for the Pitts pick.  Surratt has first round talent, but he needs refining, and he is a hesitant tackler, which is something I hate to see in linebackers.  But he also reminds me of Zach Brown from the same school, so the potential is there.  This late, first round talent with an asterisk is a steal.  Steal of the draft before Roche.

Worst:

Monty Rice, Ravens: With Surratt on the board the rest of this round, this was a big reach.  There are still four or five LBs I have over Rice.

Dayo Odeyingbo, Bills: I want to like Dayo.  I'm a Tennessean who lives near Nashville, and Vandy players are almost always super underrated.  But Dayo, nah.  He could maybe work as a 3-4 end, but not as an Edge.  Doesn't have the speed or the bend to do much.

Fourth Round's best pick is going to be Roche for the Dolphins.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

In fact, here are my favorite and least favorite picks for each round, in order of pick, not grade.  Just my opinion.

First Round, Best:

Justin Fields, Falcons: Fields is the second best QB in this class, so getting him in the fourth slot, as the third QB taken, is a great value.

Kwity Paye, Colts: Great value.  I have Paye as a top 10 player, and he can play in multiple defensive fronts.  Would be a great fit in Indy.

Zaven Collins, Packers: Another steal, Collins is my top ILB, but he's listed as an OLB, which probably isn't his best fit IMO.  That said, he's a stellar player, and if the DC can make use of his versatility, a stud.

Worst:

Kyle Pitts, Chargers: Pitts is a great TE, but I don't know if the drop from him to Freirmouth (sp?) is that great, so it's pretty early to take him IMO.

Trevon Moehrig, Dolphins: Like Pitts, Moehrig is a good safety prospect, but not an elite one.  This is too early for him.

Second Round, Best:

Travis Etienne, Chargers: Not an insane value, but Etienne is a great, versatile back that the Herbert will love.  There were a lot of solid picks in the early parts of this round.

Josh Myers, Cardinals: Myers is my top center, so getting him in the bottom half of Round 2 after so many other OLs went off the board is a great value.

Joe Tryon, Titans: Yeah, it's our pick, but I had Tryon second only to Rousseau in the entire class at Edge, so landing him here felt like an enormous steal.

Worst:

Richie Grant, Dallas: One spot after Holland?  And before Ford, Nasirildeen, and Cisco?  Nah.

Dylan Moses, Saints: I'm probably lower on Moses than most, but I think Browning and Bolton are waaay better in almost every aspect of the game.

Jayson Oweh, Bengals: This is a full transcript of my prospect notes on Oweh, after watching a couple of his games: "Meh."

Third Round, Best: This one was hard, there were tons of stellar value picks here.

Paris Ford, Football Team: My third ranked safety, Ford reads and reacts like a linebacker, and plays fast.  He's a little lean, but for a centerfielding safety, that's fine.  He has the frame to add 10 lbs easy.

Amon-Ra St. Brown, Rams: St. Brown should have gone in the middle of the second round.  The Rams did WR needy teams dirty getting him here.

Chazz Surratt, Chargers: Chargers making up for the Pitts pick.  Surratt has first round talent, but he needs refining, and he is a hesitant tackler, which is something I hate to see in linebackers.  But he also reminds me of Zach Brown from the same school, so the potential is there.  This late, first round talent with an asterisk is a steal.  Steal of the draft before Roche.

Worst:

Monty Rice, Ravens: With Surratt on the board the rest of this round, this was a big reach.  There are still four or five LBs I have over Rice.

Dayo Odeyingbo, Bills: I want to like Dayo.  I'm a Tennessean who lives near Nashville, and Vandy players are almost always super underrated.  But Dayo, nah.  He could maybe work as a 3-4 end, but not as an Edge.  Doesn't have the speed or the bend to do much.

Fourth Round's best pick is going to be Roche for the Dolphins.

Our opinions differ so much that’s why I like this thing.

I agree on your opinions for Moehrig. Collins, Moses and Surratt.