2021 TCMD - Inside the Locker

ny92mike

1 minute ago, Ghostnote said:

I honestly cannot remember when an Alabama QB actually met expectations?

Maybe true.

1) Too early to tell on Hurts (if you want to count him) and Tua. 

2) McCarron has been in the league as a backup since 2014, and was a 5th rounder, so I would think maybe he met them? 

3) McElroy was a 7th rounder, so I won't hold anything against him. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe true.

1) Too early to tell on Hurts (if you want to count him) and Tua. 

2) McCarron has been in the league as a backup since 2014, and was a 5th rounder, so I would think maybe he met them? 

3) McElroy was a 7th rounder, so I won't hold anything against him. 

Meh. I am glad the defenders that have come out have been stellar. 

The Texans had been in communication with DW4 all off-season.

He told us he had certain conditions before returning “with enthusiasm” to the franchise.

1)      Fire Jack Easterby – DONE (fired into an ASTROid via a TEXAN ROCKET)

2)      Let the football folks run the football side of the team (Cal McNair is off to smoke a cigar and drink some scotch) -  DONE

3)      Hire Eric Bieniemy – DONE

4)      Bring in some diversity with other coaches -  DONE

a.       Caldwell, Lynn, AJ80 on the offensive side of the ball

b.      Austin, Edwards, Gray on the defensive side of things

5)      Keep Tim Kelly in some capacity – DONE (“retained” as QB coach)

6)      Bring back (& improve if you can) the WRs with whom he has developed chemistry -  DONE

a.       It cost a pretty penny but Will Fuller is back (minus that first game check)

b.      Cooks restructured, Cobb back for now as slot WR, & Coutee working on chemistry with DW4 (so yeah Da FuCCC U Krew is back ;)

c.       Added another deep threat in Emmanuel Hall (who will also be given the opportunity to compete for the primary returner position)

7)      Improve the RB room -  DONE

a.       Let DJ go for cap room, but added youngsters Josh Adams & Bonnafan.

b.      Adams shows a lot of promise as a lead back who falls forward after contact (5.4 yds/ carry last year)

c.       Reggie Bonnafon added as a potential 3rd down back (6.6 yds / carry + career 9.4 yds / reception)

d.      Also brought in Khari Blasingame to open holes like he did for Derrick Henry in TN and compete with Gillaspia for FB duties (plus took Blasingame away from TN)

😎      Improve the OL – especially the interior IOL -  DONE

a.       Brought in Andy Heck as OL coach

b.      Added C Austin Reiter in arguably one of the most underrated moves of TCMD so far

c.       Brought back Rod Johnson as swing tackle (so all exterior OL are back – Tunsil, Howard, RoJo & WTHeck)

d.     Coach Heck should improve Fulton’s performance at RG as he was his former coach in KC when Fulton thrived as IOL

e.      Brought in several young IOL [Froholdt, Reynolds] to provide depth who have measureables and will be coached up by Heck as well

f.        Martin may compete as RG but will likely be moved via trade

9)      Bring back JJ – DONE

10)   Get JJ some help when pass rushing  - DONE  

a.       Added Tyus Bowser who is one of the most versatile edge defenders in NFL. Bonus: Tyus played his college ball in Htown and was excited to return “home” to team up with Watt.

b.      Added Samson Ebukam who is an underrated pass rusher who should blossom with Watt drawing double teams

c.       In addition the team brought back 34DE PJ Hall who flashed before his season ended with an injury.

d.      Moreover the franchise added Solomon Thomas  on a cheap 2 year contract.  Thomas is primarily a rotational piece at 34DE, but also helps when the team runs 4-man fronts with Watt, Hall, Omenihu, Blacklock.

e.      Casey Toohill was acquired in a trade with Washington.  He is primarily a STer, but he has shown some pass rushing chops when at Stanford (plus could even play some ILB as well because of his athleticism)

11)   Improve the ILB tackling – DONE

a.       The team had to part ways with Benadrick McKinney for cap purposes, but found a more than capable replacement in on Jon Bostic.

b.      Bostic is still a versatile LB.  Plus he wraps up when tackling so as to prevent those pesky 90 yard Derrick Henry TD’s.

c.       Bostic & Cunningham should be solid ILBs who are backed up by ST ace Peter Kalambayi (who is just as athletic as Cunningham & Bostic even though he is much heavier)

12)   Improve the athleticism in the secondary -  DONE

a.       Acquired Madre Harper, Brian Allen, & Kai Nucua who are all extremely athletic DBs who have great measureables and two (Harper, Allen) add great height & length (TWSS) to the DBs room

b.      To tap into that potential, Jerry Gray was hired as DBs coach. (He also managed to coax Emmitt Thomas – from Angleton, TX! – out of retirement to help develop this young group of DBs.)

c.       Lonnie Johnson, Jr. is projected to start the season at SS rather than bouncing around as a boundary corner, slot CB, nickel CB, free safety, and strong safety.  LJ2 has the measureables to be dominant SS – he just has not received the time and coaching he needed.  That changes now.

With those changes made, DW4 agreed to restructure his deal and buy into the NEW Texans team. 

(Then poof… I awaken from the dream  :(  )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

download-10.png

Pretty sure you didn't watch the Texans run game last year (nobody did... why bother?)

Go check the stats... I'll wait.

Then tell my why you think Adams wouldn't be an improvement....

We would have been better off with Cam at RB ;) 

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Not at all... Just asked for input on the coaching search. His favorites - allegedly - were Bieniemy and Eberflus (Colts' DC).

Edit: favorites of the TEAM... Watson was actually the player asked to rep the viewpoints of the locker room

3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Pretty sure you didn't watch the Texans run game last year (nobody did... why bother?)

Go check the stats... I'll wait.

Then tell my why you think Adams wouldn't be an improvement....

We would have been better off with Cam at RB ;) 

DJ averaged 4.7 yards a carry but okay sweetheart