NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Is Snacks going to get more than three snaps this week?

Actually probably not. This is not a Snacks/Lancaster game against this offense. I'd be surprised if GB really plays anything other than our 2-4-5 or 2-3-6 look all game (other than goal-line, obvious short-yard situations). 

Plenty of film work and things to clean up: 

PackersWire -  7 things to know from Packers' first meeting with Buccaneers in 2020

1. Passing game really struggled   -   The Packers were devastatingly efficient in the passing game for much of the year, but not in Tampa Bay. Even early on, the offense relied on extended plays and a few improvisational moments to create the 10-0 lead. The Bucs ended up delivering five total sacks while allowing only 2.7 yards per pass and just 107 net passing yards. It was a dominant effort. Aaron Rodgers was under pressure a season-high 18 times, according to Pro Football Focus, but he also struggled from a clean pocket, a rarity for the presumptive MVP. Rodgers also completed just three passes over 10 yards and was 0-for-5 on attempts over 20 yards. Credit Todd Bowles and the Bucs for confusing Rodgers with coverages and pressuring him with well-timed blitzes. This time around, the Packers must do better at playing on time in the passing game.

2.  Turnovers turn the game   -   The Buccaneers might have won the football game even without the takeaways, but the interceptions on back-to-back possessions in the first half certainly changed the game.

3.  Red Zone Redemption   -   The Buccaneers scored on all four of their trips into the red zone.

4.  No pressure   -   On 27 passing plays, Brady was under pressure on just five dropbacks, per Pro Football Focus. When playing from a clean pocket, the six-time Super Bowl champion ripped the Packers apart.

5.  Stonewalling Aaron Jones   -   The Packers gave Jones 10 carries, but the plays gained only 15 total yards. Several, including a handful of runs to the perimeter, either lost yards or were dead on arrival.

6.  Middle of the defense   -   The Buccaneers took advantage of the middle of the Packers defense in October, rushing for 158 yards and getting five catches for 78 yards from tight end Rob Gronkowski.

7.   Jaire vs. Evans   -   Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans caught just one pass during the first meeting, although he was dealing with an ankle issue coming into the game. With Jaire Alexander mostly taking Evans away, the Bucs went elsewhere with the football. The matchup should be one to watch again on Sunday. Will Tom Brady avoid Alexander again? He has plenty of secondary targets to lean on, including Gronkowski, Chris Godwin, Tyler Johnson, Scotty Miller and possibly even Antonio Brown, although his status is unknown. The Packers didn’t face Brown in the first meeting. This will be a big test for the secondary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

1. Passing game really struggled   -   The Packers were devastatingly efficient in the passing game for much of the year, but not in Tampa Bay. Even early on, the offense relied on extended plays and a few improvisational moments to create the 10-0 lead. The Bucs ended up delivering five total sacks while allowing only 2.7 yards per pass and just 107 net passing yards. It was a dominant effort. Aaron Rodgers was under pressure a season-high 18 times, according to Pro Football Focus, but he also struggled from a clean pocket, a rarity for the presumptive MVP. Rodgers also completed just three passes over 10 yards and was 0-for-5 on attempts over 20 yards. Credit Todd Bowles and the Bucs for confusing Rodgers with coverages and pressuring him with well-timed blitzes. This time around, the Packers must do better at playing on time in the passing game.

This is what was so confusing about the Week 6 game. If the Bucs D had done this all year, I'd be really concerned about this week, but they didn't. Outside of this game, the Bucs passing defense was pretty average the rest of the year, especially against good teams. The Saints destroyed them, Goff and the Rams moved the ball well. Mahomes ate them up, and even Matt Ryan had pretty good numbers against them. 

This is the biggest reason why the Tampa loss doesn't ring "SF part 2" to me. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Lazard worth 29 points or is toilet paper still better than poison ivy for butt wiping?

This is like the old comedian no one has the heart to tell them they aren't that funny anymore. 

Edited by WaitWhat

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is what was so confusing about the Week 6 game. If the Bucs D had done this all year, I'd be really concerned about this week, but they didn't. Outside of this game, the Bucs passing defense was pretty average the rest of the year, especially against good teams. The Saints destroyed them, Goff and the Rams moved the ball well. Mahomes ate them up, and even Matt Ryan had pretty good numbers against them.  This is the biggest reason why the Tampa loss doesn't ring "SF part 2" to me. 

It's one system (and personnel) versus the other. The only concerning aspect of it for me is that is a carbon copy of what other teams have done against us. Almost exactly. Shouldnt be a mystery....the key is what we do to reverse it and not let it happen again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Plenty of film work and things to clean up: 

PackersWire -  7 things to know from Packers' first meeting with Buccaneers in 2020

From what I understood, TB def is very good covering the short passes and middle of the field. You can beat them with long passes since they have communication breakup’s. We miss Lazzard and Davante is just coming after injury and team’s a bit rusty after bye.

Problem is Aaron can’t throw long passes because of 20-25 MPH winds on that day. No one is talking about that. Brady had kill us with dink and dunk passes since we played fuxcking prevent defense all day long. That’s what worries me about Mike Pettine. He should have understood that Tom Brady doesn’t have Zip to throw long passes in 20-25 MPH and should have played to his short passing game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is what was so confusing about the Week 6 game. If the Bucs D had done this all year, I'd be really concerned about this week, but they didn't. Outside of this game, the Bucs passing defense was pretty average the rest of the year, especially against good teams. The Saints destroyed them, Goff and the Rams moved the ball well. Mahomes ate them up, and even Matt Ryan had pretty good numbers against them. 

This is the biggest reason why the Tampa loss doesn't ring "SF part 2" to me. 

No one considering the wind factor that day. 

1 hour ago, dwaye50327 said:

With the Saints having 2 big punt returns yesterday if that's something the Packers could have success with or was it just a one off for Tampa? If Tavon can hold onto the ball, he may be able to break something but I'd almost rather him just call fair catch or not catch it at all.

200.gif

• Like 5

Last weeks game was all about could the Packers #1 offence score on the Rams #1 defence. While the Rams had a brilliant defence, they were ranked #17 for offence and we knew they would struggle to score.  This game is much tougher.

The Bucs defence is ranked #8, we have put over 30 points on the Colts (#10 defence), the Saints (#5 defence), we should be able to put up 30 on Tampa. So the key to this week’s game is much more about can the Packers #13 ranked defence keep the #3 offence in check!

This match up is far closer than the one we faced last week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

It wasn't as lopsided as the final score, we left 10 points on the field and kept them in much of the 4th quarter until that clutch Lazard TD sealed it for us.

I hope we take care of business because, of course, AB, Brady and Suh, but I'd love nothing more than to give this douchenugget a slice of humble pie:

Skip_Bayless_Headshot_727x727-1.jpg

And what better way to do it than to send Brady packing (no pun intended)?

Is that Outpost?

Yup.  Here we are again.  Playing a team in the NFC Championship game that kicked our butts during the season.

This time it's at our place.  We will all talk about what could be, or what should be, but in the end, this is on the coaches and the players.  (Biggest DUH statement on this thread.)

I kind of like that Brady has to go through us at our place for this game.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

Yup.  Here we are again.  Playing a team in the NFC Championship game that kicked our butts during the season.

This time it's at our place.  We will all talk about what could be, or what should be, but in the end, this is on the coaches and the players.  (Biggest DUH statement on this thread.)

I kind of like that Brady has to go through us at our place for this game.  

I kinda like that Devin White said we didn’t belong on the field with them on top of this being at Lambeau WITH fans.

Hope those comments doe for GB what JuJu’s comments did for the Browns.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I kinda like that Devin White said we didn’t belong on the field with them on top of this being at Lambeau WITH fans.

Hope those comments doe for GB what JuJu’s comments did for the Browns.

They won't hurt, that's for sure.  That's all we need is a fired up offensive line.

Playing flashback here when someone was bemoaning the Rick Wagner contract.  Never complain about investing in the offensive line.

I thought the Rams had a really good DL.  Not just Donald.  Brockers, that guy with two last names and Floyd.

Heard Brockers name in the game.  Saw Donald on the sidelines or on the ground.  Didn't really hear from the guy with two last names.  Only saw Floyd when Rodgers took his jock strap.

I'd be a lot more concerned about this game if we had our old offensive system under Mac.  The one where we don't even pretend to run or help our line.  But the way we run and throw now?  Man, feeling good about what our offense can do against anyone.

To me, a little key to this game will be blocking the weakside linebacker.  With their speed, they will get to the hole with the first linebacker.  We gotta stone that second one to open that little cutback lane.  And we gotta keep Suh from holding our blockers and keeping them from moving to the next level.  It goes under the radar, but Suh's smart and he has kind of mastered that move.