Ravens to release RB Mark Ingram

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Good player, better person and teammate. Sorry we couldn't get him a ring. Best wishes Mark.

Yeah, Mark Ingram, Derrick Mason, and Todd Heap are high up on my list of, “I wish we could’ve gotten them a ring.” Hopefully Calais Campbell doesn’t become such a member as well.

• Like 2

Grateful to this man. Only spent 2 years here yet he left a lasting legacy. Best of luck to him - when he does hang it up for good I'm guessing he's going to have a pretty lucrative broadcasting career ahead of him but if he does want to get into coaching I'm sure Baltimore would love to have him back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Steve Smith Sr. for me.

Oh yeah absolutely, he’s a Raven at heart for sure. I suppose we also got to the divisional round with him as well... just never felt like that 2014 team was talented enough to get it done. Felt like we had legitimate chances to get it done with those other guys from a DVOA perspective.

Definitely going to miss him. Was probably our most vocal leader on the offensive side of the ball. Really just a shame we had two talented young backs in the wings behind him. Hate to bring up this what if scenario, but what if Ingram is active last game and taking some of those touches that otherwise went to Dobbins/Hill. We all know he's regressed as a runner, but he's still probably the best pass catcher and pass protector of the bunch. Does he catch some of the passes that ended up as drops in the hands of Dobbins? Does he make that block on the free rusher that Dobbins whiffed on and eventually lead to the pick six the very next play? Does he calm Lamar down in the huddle and help him get his head on straight? Feel like the underrated aspects of his game are what missed the most against the Bills and against the Titans the year before.

That’s awesome! Definitely love him as a player and a man. Hopefully he’ll continue to have success in his career and when he decides to hang it up I’m sure he’ll have a great coaching and or broadcast career. Dude oozes purple and black. Might start a petition to have him in our ring of honor

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Jarrett Johnson being THE blue collar, non-glory seeking edge setter for us from 2004-2011 and barely missing out on that 2012 ring hurt me bad.

Courtney Upshaw stepped right on into that role and snatched a championship his first year. 7 Career Sacks, but dude has got himself a ring(Almost had another playing as rotational DI for the Falcons- but they famously collapsed against the Pats after being up big).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Courtney Upshaw stepped right on into that role and snatched a championship his first year. 7 Career Sacks, but dude has got himself a ring(Almost had another playing as rotational DI for the Falcons- but they famously collapsed against the Pats after being up big).

Upshaw was such a disappointment. He and Melvin Ingram were on almost a similar level coming out of the Senior Bowl, yet one man has carved out a good career, while the other cat his way out of Baltimore.

golden state warriors smh GIF by NBA