Five Up/Five Down for the 2020 season

Bucketheadsdad

We've done one of these for every week of the season.  Now it is time to reflect back on the entire season.  

We had a bunch of things that went well, but we're lying to ourselves if we don't think that some things didn't go as well as we could hope.

What are your five "UPS"?  What are your five "DOWNS"?

Work Thanksgiving GIF

• Like 2

UP

1. Baker, he really showed a lot of growth both on and off the field. He really started playing well in the system and has done enough for their to be promise for next year and beyond

2. Kevin Stefanski, wow I wouldn't have figured this was going to be a great hire when it happened because well, we are Browns fans. But oh my was I glad to be wrong. I love his offense, I like his leadership, and I like his ability to get this team to rally after the crazy year and week 1 loss

3. Jarvis, all time pro. Dude just played great and is a leader on this team. He definitely isn't the greatest WR but man he is a great football player. 

4. Myles, started out amazing and then had a quiet season after getting Covid. I don't blame him for that, he was gassed and having breathing issues. I expect big things next year. Great rebound from the way things ended last season. 

5. Chubb, by far my favorite player on this team. Lunch pale guy who doesn't need to talk but says a lot. One of the best running backs in the NFL and should have a rushing title next year

6. Lots of players that could have made this list. Hunt, Teller, Ward, Mitchell, or DPJ even. Just a great season for this team and us the fans

Down

We lost last week, that's it. The journey was worth telling the story. 

UP:

1. Kevin Stefanski and the culture change

2. Baker Mayfield getting fixed and the last half of 2020

3. Making the Playoffs

4. Winning a playoff game

5. The offensive line and offense coming back intact in 2021

6. Continuity from a staffing and key personnel standpoint

UP:

1. Coaching Staff and Front office are in place to build a stable, winning organization

2. 11-5, plus a playoff win = excitement!

3. Baker's development into a franchise QB

4. Offensive line rounding into an elite unit

5. Beating Pittsburgh twice and knocking them out of the playoffs

DOWN:

1. 3rd/4th down defense

2. Injuries (particularly in the secondary)

3. Losing the Jets game due to Covid

4. Having a shot to knock off the SB champs in the playoffs, but coming up short

5. We've gotta wait many more months for Browns Football!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dawgdish said:

DOWN:

1. 3rd/4th down defense

I truly wonder who is responsible for that aspect. I know their was an article that came out a few weeks ago how the Miami 3rd defense was transformed when they hired this HS coach out of Ohio. Is it Woods or does he task someone else with that

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 6:33 PM, buno67 said:

I truly wonder who is responsible for that aspect. I know their was an article that came out a few weeks ago how the Miami 3rd defense was transformed when they hired this HS coach out of Ohio. Is it Woods or does he task someone else with that

Insanity man. He was one of my coaches my senior year of high school. He was the defensive line coach of a "normal" high school (just saying it's not like it was some power house) in 2012 and he became an NFL coach getting praise from some national media outlets for his awesome work in under a decade. He was definitely awesome, never would've expected he'd be in the NFL in a few years though lol. Crazy jump.