Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

19 hours ago, ny92mike said:

lol...I think I'm the only dinosaur that is still using a desktop at home.

What are you using?  Laptop / phone?

Just rocks and pebbles. lol

Anyway.   Did you check out on restructure tab for guaranteed part?  I forget what I said before.

I vaguely remembered saying that checkbox for GTD only and adjusted salary was risen as it recognized GTD as new money which is already included in old contract.

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Just rocks and pebbles. lol

Anyway.   Did you check out on restructure tab for guaranteed part?  I forget what I said before.

I vaguely remembered saying that checkbox for GTD only and adjusted salary was risen as it recognized GTD as new money which is already included in old contract.

Don't recall...but I'm getting on shortly.  Eating dinner.

Brown beans w/ ham and cornbread....so good!

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'm having to break the workbook into 2.  Just too much data for the one workbook.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yE23IJsCMND0skuPEKCfD68qhlHc_DtKE_5s7vST4Cc/edit?usp=sharing

That's the new link.  I'll get you editing rights to this as well so you can test.

Slow speed on my part.  I will try it again this weekend.

I keep thinking we could use another workbook just not sure what all I'd want to include in it.  Just thinking it would be nice to have a workbook to share with members of the war room if you opted to run your team with a staff.

Scouting FA and Draftees

Current years roster

Salary cap info

Depth Chart builder

Links to all the workbooks and forum post

Anyway, let me know if you guys would even use something like this, if so, let me know what you would like to have included.  If I have time I'll try to build it.

I've added a 4th UFA/Resign slot to this years mock.  However, I need to limit this so that a single team with mega bucks can't come in a clean house in the first round. 

The original concept was to use it as a back up bid so if you missed out on your first target, then this bid would come into play, but that screws up the automation for sorting out the winners of each player.  

Now that I've put it in I don't want to delete it, so let me know if this would work for you guys.

For this 4th UFA/Resign bid to come into play I'm thinking something simple here.

• Bid amount must be 50% less than your highest bid amount for that round.

This would only be for the first 4 rounds, after that it's treated just like the first 3 UFA/Resign biddings slots.

It's possible to set it up so that you have to miss out on your other bids for this slot to come into play but the player you target in this bidding slot must not have received a bid from another team for it not to effect the sorting process to determine the high bid.

Not really sure how else to do this so if you guys have a different idea for this let me know.

Thanks  

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I've added a 4th UFA/Resign slot to this years mock.  However, I need to limit this so that a single team with mega bucks can't come in a clean house in the first round. 

The original concept was to use it as a back up bid so if you missed out on your first target, then this bid would come into play, but that screws up the automation for sorting out the winners of each player.  

Now that I've put it in I don't want to delete it, so let me know if this would work for you guys.

For this 4th UFA/Resign bid to come into play I'm thinking something simple here.

• Bid amount must be 50% less than your highest bid amount for that round.

This would only be for the first 4 rounds, after that it's treated just like the first 3 UFA/Resign biddings slots.

It's possible to set it up so that you have to miss out on your other bids for this slot to come into play but the player you target in this bidding slot must not have received a bid from another team for it not to effect the sorting process to determine the high bid.

Not really sure how else to do this so if you guys have a different idea for this let me know.

Thanks  

If your going to do it. This will probably work the best. Personally not a huge fan of the backup bid concept

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If your going to do it. This will probably work the best. Personally not a huge fan of the backup bid concept

I'm not either, part of the fun is the blind bidding, but the backup bid concept really doesn't work when trying to sort out the bid winners.

I'm half tempted to just hide this bid until we can figure out a better solution down the road.  I've always thought 3 UFA/Resign bids were enough.  Could just unhide it after the 4th round with no limitations....thoughts?

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not either, part of the fun is the blind bidding, but the backup bid concept really doesn't work when trying to sort out the bid winners.

I'm half tempted to just hide this bid until we can figure out a better solution down the road.  I've always thought 3 UFA/Resign bids were enough.  Could just unhide it after the 4th round with no limitations....thoughts?

I’d prefer the 3 and the resign bids. I think the backup bids will deplete the talent pool too fast making later rounds of FA real slow