Total Control GM Mock Draft Suggestions / Feedback

ny92mike

I'm planning on hitting it hard over the weekend.  Still not sure if we'll have a free agency this year.

Would you guys have issue if I went ahead and pulled the rosters prior to the offseason?  There might be a few changes we'll need to make but I'm so behind on the build that I really need to get this done.

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'm planning on hitting it hard over the weekend.  Still not sure if we'll have a free agency this year.

Would you guys have issue if I went ahead and pulled the rosters prior to the offseason?  There might be a few changes we'll need to make but I'm so behind on the build that I really need to get this done.

Pull the rosters whenever you need to.  We can add the futures contract players if needed later.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Pull the rosters whenever you need to.  We can add the futures contract players if needed later.

I asked because I did this a few years ago and caught some heat over it.  Kinda in panic mode with this year's build.  Way behind schedule.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:02 PM, JetsandI said:

Holy Cow!  I checked out Saints roster to see if they can get under the cap under TCMD's rules and I couldn't see any success for them.  Too many players with prorated SB which makes it vastly impossible to relieve cap issue.   Saints are DEAD here.

Wow... No wonder the head coach retired.

Over 75 million in the hole and I thought the Giants were bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

The way things are going, we may not even need to concern ourselves with the salary cap, leaning toward a draft only mock.   

If that’s the case I’m still interested but make the decision early to save yourself the time in doing the sheets.

we can do mock without the sheets and will give you a lot less headaches.

The free agency experience is legendary and makes the mock different from other mocks and any help I can offer to get over the line please shout. I appreciate I am only a part time member of these forums,

It may also be worth checking there are enough people who want to get involved to ensure your efforts are worthwhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sparky151 said:

How do you build the workbooks Mike? I'd think you set them up with some sample data then import the real data at the end?

Basically, that's how I do it.  Because the OTC site changed their layout it's caused some issues with pulling data, the way I did before.

18 hours ago, mountainpd said:

If that’s the case I’m still interested but make the decision early to save yourself the time in doing the sheets.

we can do mock without the sheets and will give you a lot less headaches.

The free agency experience is legendary and makes the mock different from other mocks and any help I can offer to get over the line please shout. I appreciate I am only a part time member of these forums,

It may also be worth checking there are enough people who want to get involved to ensure your efforts are worthwhile.

What is the latest date we could run the mock?  That would help me determine if I'll have the time to do a FA mock.  Later the better at this point in time.

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

What is the latest date we could run the mock?  That would help me determine if I'll have the time to do a FA mock.  Later the better at this point in time.

I think we started early last two years and have dead periods during later rounds of free agency before the draft. I reckon we could delay at least two weeks maybe 3 from last year. 

let me see what we did last year and report back a suggestion.

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Well, NFL FA officially starts March 16th and the legal tampering period starts the 14th. So as long as it is done before the 14th, it should be good. 

• Like 1

Last year first transaction was 29th Jan and like I said most people acknowledged there was a dead period in mock so I think we do sign ups now and then look to start two weeks today should we get enough people.

can probably delay another week if more time is needed and free agency can easily be condensed.

Mike also has an escape clause if he doesn’t want to proceed.

15 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Last year first transaction was 29th Jan and like I said most people acknowledged there was a dead period in mock so I think we do sign ups now and then look to start two weeks today should we get enough people.

can probably delay another week if more time is needed and free agency can easily be condensed.

Mike also has an escape clause if he doesn’t want to proceed.

I figure if we push the start date back as far as we can, scale back on some of the features I was hoping to add that I could have it ready.  

Lets get a schedule built and then we can post a sign up thread.

I'm lacking motivation could use some help in that department.