Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

Wilson never won a SB. He inexplicably threw that int to seal the game for NE. That does not define him, though. I just don’t like the idea of an aging QB on a rebuilding team. Somehow, I doubt JD does too. 

Wilson never won a SB?

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

And the appeal of Wilson is that he is a proven Super Bowl champion, is still young enough and is, you know, not in any legal trouble.

You think this team would be able to win a Super Bowl in Wilson’s window giving up 3 first round picks, Quinnen, and possibly more?

I get that our picks are better than Chicago’s, but they offered the house and were declined. Unless Seattle will give him to us for much less, it makes no sense. And the legal trouble will turn into a settlement at most. This thing won’t go to a grand jury 

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

The reports continue to suggest that the teams interested in Watson before this mess began are STILL interested in him. Either they think it's a bunch of bull, or their quarterback situations are so messed up that they are still willing to take the risk.

Probably a little bit of both, to be honest.

Remember Woody Johnson was accused in Ireland of being cruel to his staff, and it turned out to be a nothing burger. But I doubt Woody wants the headache of Watson's allegations before he's even thrown a pass in NYC.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Wilson never won a SB. He inexplicably threw that int to seal the game for NE. That does not define him, though. I just don’t like the idea of an aging QB on a rebuilding team. Somehow, I doubt JD does too. 

Actually he did, but the play that you refer to was on the Coach. Who the heck throws the ball when your on the 1 yard line and you have the most dynamic running back in football at the time and N.E. is out of time outs if I remember right. They should have pounded the rock, and they would have won. Even Sheldon Richardson who was on the Jets at the time(I think) said the coaching staff should have been fired. Wilson should have overruled them and ran the ball, hell with the consequences.

16 minutes ago, Big T said:

Actually he did, but the play that you refer to was on the Coach. Who the heck throws the ball when your on the 1 yard line and you have the most dynamic running back in football at the time and N.E. is out of time outs if I remember right. They should have pounded the rock, and they would have won. Even Sheldon Richardson who was on the Jets at the time(I think) said the coaching staff should have been fired. Wilson should have overruled them and ran the ball, hell with the consequences.

2 timeouts

18 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You think this team would be able to win a Super Bowl in Wilson’s window giving up 3 first round picks, Quinnen, and possibly more?

I get that our picks are better than Chicago’s, but they offered the house and were declined. Unless Seattle will give him to us for much less, it makes no sense. And the legal trouble will turn into a settlement at most. This thing won’t go to a grand jury 

The one thing we have that Chicago did not is a quarterback that Pete Carroll really really really likes. As opposed to Nick Foles, who was the only QB on Chicago's roster. I think Chicago could have offered 5 more draft picks, Seattle would have still passed. Seattle has Geno Smith as the backup, so Foles/Smith was never going to get them interested.

We also have Jamal Adams' safety running mate. We also have a slot receiver they might like in Crowder, a linebacker in Mosley that might be of interest to them as well. 

I'm not saying it's likely, but it is definitely worth a shot. And I don't look at acquiring Russell Wilson as a Super Bowl or bust move. This franchise has sucked for so long, it would be nice to be relevant again. I don't think Tampa Bay acquired Brady thinking they HAD to win a Super Bowl or else it would not be worth it. Teams that are down and out need something to get excited about, to start trending in the right direction. 

So far this off-season, we have done some nice things but we have not come close to moving the needle yet. All thanks to winning two f%$#ing games late in the season!