Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

59 minutes ago, Big T said:

Absolutely true, but a few things have to happen, guilty or innocent. The league will step in and Watson will be put on the exemption list of some sort. He will continue to be paid as long as he shows up in Texas, as he is under contract. But will be unable to play be cause he would be on the exemption list (not sure of the official title). But it doesn't fall good for either Watson or Texas.

This is why I have a hard time believing McNair or one his minions is behind any of this. There is absolutely nothing to gain by it.

I also heard somewhere that one of the complaints stated that when she walked into the room, Watson was undressed and on his stomach with a towel over his buttocks. Now I am no expert, but isn’t that how it works?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

This is why I have a hard time believing McNair or one his minions is behind any of this. There is absolutely nothing to gain by it.

I also heard somewhere that one of the complaints stated that when she walked into the room, Watson was undressed and on his stomach with a towel over his buttocks. Now I am no expert, but isn’t that how it works?

Pretty sure the only thing between you and your birthday suit is a towel.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Not a towel.   a smaller towel like hand size or whatever it called.

12 hours ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Think the team actions and the current lawsuit landscape all points to this being ruled out as an option for now. If we keep Sam this will resurface at some point but if we draft a QB at #2 we can move on from Watson dreams altogether.

As much as I like Watson, and with Wilson available, cap space, getting a redo, keeping the draft capitol and grabbing a few more pick along the way with the trading of Darnold. Then trading for Watson doesn't seem like such a good idea. Granted he's a top QB, but its only rumors he's interested in the Jets, along with the rumors the Jets are not on his list for teams he would like to be traded to.

The reports continue to suggest that the teams interested in Watson before this mess began are STILL interested in him. Either they think it's a bunch of bull, or their quarterback situations are so messed up that they are still willing to take the risk.

Probably a little bit of both, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think we should shift our attention and focus to Wilson now...

Russell Wilson, that is, not Zach. It can't hurt to call his agent and ask if he has ANY interest in being in NYC. Then call Ciara's agent and ask the same question.

If they turned down the Bears rumored offer the Jets should have absolutely no interest in Wilson. 

the whole appeal of Watson is he’s 25 years old 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If they turned down the Bears rumored offer the Jets should have absolutely no interest in Wilson. 

the whole appeal of Watson is he’s 25 years old 

And the appeal of Wilson is that he is a proven Super Bowl champion, is still young enough and is, you know, not in any legal trouble.