Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

I'm tired of the Watson talks in like 3 topics so lets put all the Watson trade talks here.

Rotoworld (which I love beacsue they never miss) has put out that Watson would like to be traded to the Jets but he has not asked the Texans for a trade YET! I was think there was about a 50/50 chance he is moved but now I think it is almost curtain he will be moved and it will be to the Jets. The ? is what will it cost the Jets. I think it will cost us #2 pick this year and our 2nd round pick this year and next years first from seahawks. If they want Sam it would be Sam, pick #2 and seahawks pick next year. I think these guys are dreaming they are getting 4 or 5 first round picks. That kind of trade was killed years ago on the Hershel Walker trade from Dallas to Minn. 

Watson will be a Jet and to think just a month ago we where looking at years to rebuild and now with Watson and Saleh it looks like a run for the playoffs once you add Allen Robinson to it too. 

38 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I’d pump the brakes. With that in mind, I think it’s 3 1’s at an absolute minimum (likely more)... and it would be 100% worth it. 

I just can’t think of another QB needy team with the cap space that can even offer 3 FRP. With the situation tilting in our favor as far as negotiations, I would hold my ground at our #2, next year first and a third, maybe second. I just do not see a team that can beat that and it would be foolish to negotiate against ourselves. If Houston balks at that I would tell them no thanks. What choice will Houston have?  It seems keeping him may not longer be an option.

Until this happens though, I will be pessimistic about actually getting Watson. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I just can’t think of another QB needy team with the cap space that can even offer 3 FRP. With the situation tilting in our favor as far as negotiations, I would hold my ground at our #2, next year first and a third, maybe second. I just do not see a team that can beat that and it would be foolish to negotiate against ourselves. If Houston balks at that I would tell them no thanks. What choice will Houston have?  It seems keeping him may not longer be an option.

Until this happens though, I will be pessimistic about actually getting Watson. 

That would test JD's draft evaluating skill.  If he is as same as predecessors then we are in molten lava.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That would test JD's draft evaluating skill.  If he is as same as predecessors then we are in molten lava.

True. It would definitely be a ballsy move but when all is taken into account, he will be negotiating from a position of strength. Just don’t negotiate against yourself. Sometimes you have to walk away.

Since I do trust JD, if he felt the need to give that third FRP I will assume it was necessary. I won’t like it but I will support it. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

True. It would definitely be a ballsy move but when all is taken into account, he will be negotiating from a position of strength. Just don’t negotiate against yourself. Sometimes you have to walk away.

Since I do trust JD, if he felt the need to give that third FRP I will assume it was necessary. I won’t like it but I will support it. 

same here.