Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I think we go after Curtis Samuel though, which would still be a really solid signing.

I prefer the idea of drafting Rondale/Elijah/Toney etc. but Samuel would be a great option too. We need a guy that can take it to the house/be that small gadget type weapon. Not that that's all he is, but...

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

He also said he drops too many passes when he had the fourth lowest drop rate in the league last year. 

I mean, to be fair I think he's pretty accurate on where these guys best fit positionally.

But yeah, I'm not taking Jimmy Smith's word as far as roster moves lol. Just an interesting perspective.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, to be fair I think he's pretty accurate on where these guys best fit positionally.

But yeah, I'm not taking Jimmy Smith's word as far as roster moves lol. Just an interesting perspective.

I think you can definitely make it work. Tyreek Hill plays out of the Z and runs a lot of X receiver type routes. Mike Thomas will play out of the X at times and run Z and Y routes. The Bucs’ top three WRs are all traditional X types. Long gone is the age of requiring that your X be able to beat press and make big plays while your Z be required to run shifty underneath routes.

I certainly wouldn’t trust any of the previous regimes to actually draw up an offense that would take advantage of two similar position WRs, but if Urban and his staff can’t innovate enough to make two playmakers on offense work together, he’s probably just as doomed as the other coaches. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think you can definitely make it work. Tyreek Hill plays out of the Z and runs a lot of X receiver type routes. Mike Thomas will play out of the X at times and run Z and Y routes. The Bucs’ top three WRs are all traditional X types. Long gone is the age of requiring that your X be able to beat press and make big plays while your Z be required to run shifty underneath routes.

I certainly wouldn’t trust any of the previous regimes to actually draw up an offense that would take advantage of two similar position WRs, but if Urban and his staff can’t innovate enough to make two playmakers on offense work together, he’s probably just as doomed as the other coaches. 

I'm sure theyd definitely make it work. Just not the best natural "fit" which I can agree with.

Ultimately get the best playmakers out there. But I do think a guy like Golladay fits better. Or adding the element a Rondale Moore/Curtis Samuel would bring another element we're lacking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm sure theyd definitely make it work. Just not the best natural "fit" which I can agree with.

Ultimately get the best playmakers out there. But I do think a guy like Golladay fits better. Or adding the element a Rondale Moore/Curtis Samuel would bring another element we're lacking.

Yeah, and I really think we’re a horrible fit for him. He’s done the whole “young, supposed to be good” young QB thing twice. It’s time for him to pair up with an established top end QB and make some noise.

He also indicated that his top priorities are building a HOF resume and winning a Super Bowl, both of which we’re one of the least equipped teams to offer. The Chiefs are the absolute perfect fit for him, if they have the money. Green Bay, Baltimore, wherever Watson lands, and probably some other teams I’m not thinking of all fit far better. Even Tennessee if they want to immediately replace Davis.

I’d welcome him back with open arms and be super excited about a reunion. But unless he has no market, he’s kind of an idiot if he chooses to come back. 

• Like 1