Let’s talk Free Agents

pwny

12 hours ago, pwny said:

And using picks to go land your guys also makes a ton of sense. 

Yeah.  I could absolutely see them filling a bunch of spots with Vets, and making multiple exchanges to move up in the draft and grab "their guys".  There are only so many roster spots to give to later round developmental picks.  And it's a roster that could really use some veteran leadership, or even just...experience.  Can't have the whole team "learning on the job" and "developing" at the same time.  That doesn't really work.

10 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They would be stupid to release Norwell. He was pretty damn good last year and it’s not like we are in bad shape $$$$ wise. 

It’s JLC, so this is probably fake news.

Agreed. Why make your team worse now when you very likely would use that money to just overpay someone else anyways, thats how Free Agency works

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

As I said, JLC doing JLC things.

I'll believe it when I see it. $9M cap hit for a top 10 LG (likely closer to top 5-8) last year when we are swimming in $ makes no sense.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1367825987325620224 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. Why make your team worse now when you very likely would use that money to just overpay someone else anyways, thats how Free Agency works

If true it’s clear indication of the new regime looking to see what they can get for assets on the team. That would mean they have to have some sort of plan to shape or mold the team in their eyes. Which is why I alluded to no expecting minimal if any of the Jaguars free agents to be resigned even guys like Hayden, Smoot and Cole.. although the majority of the fan base wants them to return but reality is that it’s going to be doubtful.