Embiid vs Joker

RandyMossIsBoss

Embiid vs Joker  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best Center Right Now?

Embiid or Joker? Both having terrific seasons, and in the MVP conversation. Embiid would have ran away with this poll earlier in his career. Jokic would have ran away with it after his excellent bubble showing. However, we're now seeing both of them play their best basketball simultaneously, so I think it's fair to ask: who is better?

Embiid is the engine behind the East's best record, and having a career year. Most of his advanced numbers are a bit behind Jokic, but he is sporting an insane +17.4 on/off court, that is to say the 76ers are 17.4 points worse per 100 possessions when Embiid is off the floor in 2020-21, 

Jokic's Nuggets are not having the same success early but he is also having a career year, averaging nearly a triple double. He is currently leading the league in both PER and BPM.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

I love both these guys. Jokic is just better + more reliable. Jokic straight up does not miss games lol. Quick glance and it looks like Jokic has played in about 170 more regular season games despite being drafted a year later. Tho that number is skewed by Joel missing a full year of course

The only player in the NBA I would consider trading Jokic for is Doncic...to be honest. And even then. I might just take the big guy. 

But yeah I enjoy Embiid a lot. Great player. If he could stay this same dude all season he could be right there in the top 5 conversation like Jokic is

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

I love both these guys. Jokic is just better + more reliable. Jokic straight up does not miss games lol. Quick glance and it looks like Jokic has played in about 170 more regular season games despite being drafted a year later. Tho that number is skewed by Joel missing a full year of course

Embiid actually missed 2 full years.

Honestly, I've just been amazed at Jokic the past year. I went from thinking that he wasn't on the tier of the elite players in the league to putting him in that same class. He's just amazing.

Embiid is also great and it looks like this season he has fully taken command of that team, which is awesome.

Jokic is so skilled and the guy is amazing. Another big i really love is Sabonis in Indiana.

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I meant the discussion and comparison mostly. but yeah, whoever voted for embiid should be ashamed

I voted Embiid cause this is closer than some of you are making it out to be.

I'd take Jokic if I'm building a team, but both are dominant bigs. 

Jokic is #1 in VORP and Embiid is #6.

Embiid is #1 in WS/48 and Jokic is #2.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I voted Embiid cause this is closer than some of you are making it out to be.

I'd take Jokic if I'm building a team, but both are dominant bigs. 

Jokic is #1 in VORP and Embiid is #6.

Embiid is #1 in WS/48 and Jokic is #2.

you should be ashamed

• Like 1