Do TB12 and BA Ride Off Into The Sunset if We Win?

kgarrett12486

I think we legitimately have to start having this thought in the back of our minds at this point. If we do end up winning SB55, there is a real chance Brady and Arians (or at least 1) could walk away. I mean, would there be a better way to have it end? Here are the cases:

Brady: He's already the GOAT (no debate) and will have yet another record extension in 7 SB wins. He'll have won a super bowl with 2 different teams and be the only QB to have won SB with 1st year team and in their home stadium. He's already a legend in sports world and has more money with his wife's contributions than anyone can fathom. What more would he have left to achieve, other than come back and pad his stats for the carrer records. I don't see him as that type though...

Arians: With his age and health concerns, it was questionable whether he's make it through his whole contract to begin with. He came here to win a SB and will have achieved it.

I'll give my odds:

Brady retiring with SB win - 55% chance

Arians retiring with SB win - 85% chance

What do you guys think?

Brady continuing to play only markets his TB12 even more.  Certainly, his luv of the game is paramount.  95% Brady returns.

BA I put at 60%.  If they win one, why not go for 2 and cement your place in the HOF?   He s the CEO of the team with the GOAT at QB.  Hell yeah, let s put the band back together and run it back.

• Like 1

I think they will most definitely both be back either way. They just barely got into their groove late in the season. I think they'd like to both go through a full season with some more training, and hopefully, things are much better covid wise, and more fans will be allowed in the stadium and all that. Especially with a team this good.

I'd just be surprised if BA is just one and done with Brady, even after a SB win. And then Brady has to start over with a new coaching staff again. 

Just now, Caaddy24 said:

I think they will most definitely both be back either way. They just barely got into their groove late in the season. I think they'd like to both go through a full season with some more training, and hopefully, things are much better covid wise, and more fans will be allowed in the stadium and all that. Especially with a team this good.

I'd just be surprised if BA is just one and done with Brady, even after a SB win. And then Brady has to start over with a new coaching staff again. 

If we win and BA retires - @BucsDraftGeek47 look away - I would think Lefty would be the frontrunner to be our next head coach. BA is trying to set him up to be.

Win or loss I think it’s less than 5% Brady retires. And I think it’s 100% cuz he’s still playing at a high level and wants to be that guy that plays till 50 (I kid) with another and another and another. At some point his body will say no more, but I don’t think that’s now. He still loves the game and this team and the Tampa warm weather. Saw some report that he wants to come back and thinks the offense will be even better next year.

Bruce made some comment to the Glazers when he was hired like “if I win the super bowl this year I’m retiring.” Of course that was year 1 with Jameis. Honestly I’d give Bruce 50/50 only cuz of the health stuff. If he’s doing good I could see him come back cuz Brady is no Jameis and they’d be poised for another deep playoff run against next year.

If the Bucs lose they are both 100% coming back.

33 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Win or loss I think it’s less than 5% Brady retires. And I think it’s 100% cuz he’s still playing at a high level and wants to be that guy that plays till 50 (I kid) with another and another and another. At some point his body will say no more, but I don’t think that’s now. He still loves the game and this team and the Tampa warm weather. Saw some report that he wants to come back and thinks the offense will be even better next year.

Bruce made some comment to the Glazers when he was hired like “if I win the super bowl this year I’m retiring.” Of course that was year 1 with Jameis. Honestly I’d give Bruce 50/50 only cuz of the health stuff. If he’s doing good I could see him come back cuz Brady is no Jameis and they’d be poised for another deep playoff run against next year.

If the Bucs lose they are both 100% coming back.

Imagine the position of Arians though. Everyone knows he was looking to be here 2-3 years and we'd go all in. So after winning a super bowl, it may be a very unique position to be in, possibly just declaring next year being his last. So he'd be playing his last year of coaching fresh off a Super Bowl win. Pressure is completely off. How fun would that be? And Licht and the owners can have a year long coaching staff search. 

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's easy to say now, but in the moment things change...

I heard the same thing with **** vermeil back in the day before the rams SB and then he walked away...

Possible, I do think we need to acknowledge every HC is different.  I know Vermeil has been heavily involved with his winery.

BA has his charity, not sure what else besides golf.  He has the GOAT at QB who keeps making NFL history.  That is a situation that is unprecedented.

• Like 1