SENIOR BOWL- GDT Saturday Jan 30th 2:30

ARTMONK HOF

Finally got to watch the 1st day. Eskridge is pretty special. 

I get so tired of hearing every fast guy get compared to Tyreek Hill, so how about Brandin Cooks? He’s got some of that, with great straight line speed but also the ability to snap off these nasty cuts. They mentioned on the broadcast, and it was a really good point, he understands leverage and how to use it. Terry is good at that too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Finally got to watch the 1st day. Eskridge is pretty special. 

I get so tired of hearing every fast guy get compared to Tyreek Hill, so how about Brandin Cooks? He’s got some of that, with great straight line speed but also the ability to snap off these nasty cuts. They mentioned on the broadcast, and it was a really good point, he understands leverage and how to use it. Terry is good at that too. 

Agreed on that. Cooks csn be special. I still can’t believe the Saints & Patriots traded him. I understand the Rams trading him bc of their depth at WR but even them, they could’ve used him the last few years too.

Thoughts on Jamie Newman?

from an article I saw on bleacher report it seems like he could be a darkhorse competitor at QB for a team. 6,2” 235.

two things they stare in the article is that he has probably the best deep ball at the senior bowl. And also that he’s a player that when in the pocket he can take it right up the middle and run for it executing RPOs and play action

they also did say that he will throw into tight windows with accuracy but needs to learn how to put more touch on intermediate routes to where LBs can’t just swat the ball down.

i have to watch some tape on him but sounds like he may be an option in the 2nd or 3rd round this year if we don’t make a play at a QB via trade, FA, or 1st round 

11 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Thoughts on Jamie Newman?

from an article I saw on bleacher report it seems like he could be a darkhorse competitor at QB for a team. 6,2” 235.

two things they stare in the article is that he has probably the best deep ball at the senior bowl. And also that he’s a player that when in the pocket he can take it right up the middle and run for it executing RPOs and play action

they also did say that he will throw into tight windows with accuracy but needs to learn how to put more touch on intermediate routes to where LBs can’t just swat the ball down.

i have to watch some tape on him but sounds like he may be an option in the 2nd or 3rd round this year if we don’t make a play at a QB via trade, FA, or 1st round 

He might end up being one of our only choices in the mid rounds. Don't like that he didn't play this year. I wouldn't mind him in the third, but not before that. I like Kyle Trask better than Newman. Newman has good bulk, decent height and can run which is nice. I think his arm is kind of weak and I don't think he can beat NFL defenses deep.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:27 AM, RSkinGM said:

Sorry to hear Mac Jones is hurt- ankle. Sounds like he probably won't risk playing . Wanted to see what he had to show .

On 1/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, he's definitely someone I was slowly coming around on. 

They just rave about how smart the kid is. 

Not to say that’s enough to be a successful NFL QB. It certainly wasn’t for a guy like Greg McElroy. But McElroy never threw for 4500 yards and 40 TDs either. 

• Like 1

Watching these QBs play just reaffirms my belief that if we don’t take one in round 1 that we shouldn’t take one and should just continue to develop Allen, Heinicke & Montez.

I’m loving what I’m seeing from Carter the RB from UNC, he’d be an awesome selection in the mid rounds.

Also, LBs KJ Britt (Auburn), Jabril Cox (LSU) & Barron Browning (Ohio St) are showing well. 

Felton the WR from UCLA and the WR from Louisville has made some plays but he has 2 drops too. So, he seems like a 50/50.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I’d love to get him or Tre Sermon in the 3rd or 4th round.

My only issue with sermon is the injuries I love the player though!!! And Fitzpatrick has done a heck of a job finding zones and making plays today Frank’s the WR should have had a easy TD but the QB threw a terrible ball. Ehllinger looked composed he really impressed me with his pocket presence and decisions and ball placement in the first 1/4

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

My only issue with sermon is the injuries I love the player though!!! And Fitzpatrick has done a heck of a job finding zones and making plays today Frank’s the WR should have had a easy TD but the QB threw a terrible ball. Ehllinger looked composed he really impressed me with his pocket presence and decisions and ball placement in the first 1/4

Sermon didn’t have a major injuries this year and as I always say, injuries happen bc it’s football, as long as it’s not constant injuries where they’re never healthy it’s not a big deal to me.

Yeah, Fitzpatrick, that’s the WR from Louisville. The WR from Arizona ST has looked good.  Was that Franks?