Official 2021 OL Thread

goldfishwars

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can you gents give me some insight on Leatherwood? I see a lot of people talking about how bad of a reach it was, and I definitelty understand that. But he looks uber-athletic, with Mayock saying he is our RT day one.

What's he good at? What does he struggle with?

It seems to me that he plays big when he needs to play small and small if he needs to play big, if that makes any sense.

I am cutting him some slack, cuz at the Senior Bowl both the Bama linemen were obviously less rested than the other players and it significantly hurt their quickness and power both. Oh the problems of winning a national championship and not getting much rest before the all-star games.

15 minutes ago, viking said:

Can any OL buffs tell me what weaknesses Christian Darrisaw has? And why he slipped to 23 in the draft?

Thanks

Not quite as athletic as the other top guys, but has excellent size and length.  Technique wise he progressed a lot in 2020 but still has some things to polish up, but you guys got a steal.  I would have been comfortable taking Darrisaw in the top 10.

• Like 1