Week 6 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, if we can get healthy, I'll feel comfortable. Tuitt beat up on Erving all game. The safety was on Zach Fulton. That dropped pick turned TD was against Phillip Gaines. That last drive attempt was tough, with Demarcus Robinson, De'Anthony Thomas, and Marcus Kemp at WR. Bunch of guys who won't be on the field in these situations in a week or two.

You mean the guys that were wide open and Alex Smith overthrowing them towards the end of that game?

Just now, showtime said:

You mean the guys that were wide open and Alex Smith overthrowing them towards the end of that game?

Alex is the last guy who deserves flack for that game. Yes, he missed Robinson twice under pressure late. I'd still like our chances better with Hill and Wilson in the game. More of the playbook open. Guys Smith has better chemistry with.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Alex is the last guy who deserves flack for that game. Yes, he missed Robinson twice under pressure late. I'd still like our chances better with Hill and Wilson in the game. More of the playbook open. Guys Smith has better chemistry with.

Robinson was wide open.  No defender within 10 yards of him, standing in the end zone.  Alex Smith overthrew him by like 8+ yards.  Easy touchdown.

On the last drive of the game.  Robinson is wide open again on 3rd and 10.  Easy first down.  Smith overthrows him massively again.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

We didn't end the game in field goal range. We ran the last play at the 48 yard line. That's a 65 yard field goal.

Maybe they get into range knowing they're down by 3 and need a FG to tie instead of going in with the mindset that they need a TD or they lose.  

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Robinson was wide open.  No defender within 10 yards of him, standing in the end zone.  Alex Smith overthrew him by like 8+ yards.  Easy touchdown.

On the last drive of the game.  Robinson is wide open again on 3rd and 10.  Easy first down.  Smith overthrows him massively again.

I don't know if you're not reading what I'm saying, or just ignoring it.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

We didn't end the game in field goal range. We ran the last play at the 48 yard line. That's a 65 yard field goal.

True, but Alex wouldn't have had to make those more difficult passes downfield if you didn't need a TD.

Maybe he gets in FG range if he takes more of the shorter passes?

Archived