Week 6 GDT

TheVillain112

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why did they move on from Musgrave and who is their coordinator now?

Todd Downing, who was the QB coach last year.

Seems like we let Musgrave walk in order to stop Downing taking the OC job somewhere else. He was a young, up-coming offensive mind and Carr really likes him.

Looking like a really bad move right now.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

But if they'd only needed a field goal they could have afforded to play smaller ball, instead of looking for the home run.

Pretty much.  Also, if Alex Smith could throw the ball accurately that would have also helped.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

But if they'd only needed a field goal they could have afforded to play smaller ball, instead of looking for the home run.

They had plenty of time. It's not like they were throwing hail marys. They had a minute and 12 seconds left at the Steeler 40 with a timeout left. I really don't think the amount of the deficit had an impact on play calling in that situation. Our first down pass there was like a 10 yard pass to Kelce that was deflected.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True, but Alex wouldn't have had to make those more difficult passes downfield if you didn't need a TD.

Maybe he gets in FG range if he takes more of the shorter passes?

He threw a short pass to Kelce on 1st and 10. They weren't throwing bombs.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

He was flawed himself and his contract was expiring. They could have done a lot better than musgrave....but Downing aint looking too good...

And Del Rio's suppose to be a defensive guy....yet, every defense hes had since he got to the raiders has been terrible

Just now, showtime said:

You said Smith was the last guy who deserves flack.  He actually deserves a lot of flack.

Less than our run defense, our offensive line, or our run offense. Pass coverage was okay except for the Gaines/Sorensen blunder. Pass rush was bad though. But sure. Ignore the miraculous plays Smith pulled to get us close and just focus on the two misses under pressure down field to a WR Smith has no game time throwing to.

I believe the Kansas City Chiefs had six yards of offense in the entire first half.  The team scored three points.  In the 3rd quarter, on 4th and 2, you decide to go for it.  Kicking a FG there puts you down by one possession.  Going for it and missing keeps you down by two possession.  Bad decision, bad coaching.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Todd Downing, who was the QB coach last year.

Seems like we let Musgrave walk in order to stop Downing taking the OC job somewhere else. He was a young, up-coming offensive mind and Carr really likes him.

Looking like a really bad move right now.

I see

Is it the same offense just with Downing calling the plays?

Doesn't look like Downing has any play calling history either.

Maybe there was more going on between Musgrave and Del Rio.

5 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Cuz Downing, our current OC, was gonna get hired away. And we should've let him go. He's terrible.

Are you for sure he was gonna get hired away?

If they really think he has great potential, then I kinda get it, but it seems messed up to Musgrave.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That was your first win against us in 3 years...

But congrats on beating a really weak team.

You said it yourself, though.  They hadn't beaten you guys in 3 years.  And the Chargers themselves are a really weak team.  So... I mean, this really isn't much different from 3 years ago when you guys notched that first win against the Chargers in a long time (I know, I was a Chargers fan then and witnessed it firsthand).

But let's not dwell on lesser California teams.  Let's talk about those division-leading, roadwarrior Los Angeles Rams!:D

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You said it yourself, though.  They hadn't beaten you guys in 3 years.  And the Chargers themselves are a really weak team.  So... I mean, this really isn't much different from 3 years ago when you guys notched that first win against the Chargers in a long time (I know, I was a Chargers fan then and witnessed it firsthand).

But let's not dwell on lesser California teams.  Let's talk about those division-leading, roadwarrior Los Angeles Rams!:D

I'd rather talk about the 49ers.

I'm a masochist like that.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Are you for sure he was gonna get hired away?

If they really think he has great potential, then I kinda get it, but it seems messed up to Musgrave.

Not sure if he was gonna get hired away that was apparently the concern. I see major regression in our offense. Poor playcalling and gameflow, lack of adjustments, a power o-line playing zbs concepts. It just looks like a mess with him at the helm

Archived