Pre-Draft Prospect Meetings

mwalker

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

I am not a fan of "physical" CB becasue that equals DPI machine.  You could always teach them technique but we know the Steeler track record for that.

Yea, I think it's interesting to know what teams are looking for at CB these days.
Many of the 'physically gifted' CBs recently have ended up not performing as well
as the slightly less imposing, more quick footed types. 

My gut is that it's a mix of types that works best vs the cliche of a single prototype.

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I won't absolutely nothing to do with Mac Jones or as I'd like to call him, Landry Jones 2.0

I think you are crazy.  He has way more skill, touch, leadership and arm then Landry Jones.  His problem is he is a pure pocket passer in a league that is liking the mobile QB.  If he is there at 24 I think he gets a serious look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think you are crazy.  He has way more skill, touch, leadership and arm then Landry Jones.  His problem is he is a pure pocket passer in a league that is liking the mobile QB.  If he is there at 24 I think he gets a serious look.

I'd rather have the best OL. Our line is atrocious 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I am not disagreeing and I think Jones goes in the top 15 for not top 10 in the draft but I would really think hard on passing on him if he is there at 24.

And if he is there that means there was a run on other value positions and most if not all of the decent LTs are gone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Just curious, but putting names of prospects aside for a moment would you rather have a stud QB for the next 10 years while you find your OL or a stud OL for the next 10 years while you find your quarterback?

Not really a wrong answer depending on how you feel about situation and what your overall plan would be, but for me I would take the QB all day every day and leave every single spot on my roster with a hole in order to move forward with that guy. 

If they like Jones and he is there at 24, I dont care if they have Buggs play LT and Snell snapping... I wouldn't skip a beat walking to the podium. 

(this isn't an endorsement of a prospect, just a general statement)

• Like 1