FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

27 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Makes no sense having 4 QBs

Gotta think Griff is out

Yeah Griffen is out. Trask is not a practice squad player. As for Gabbert, I guess he will bring more in the film room working with Tom than on the field. Tom musts like him

I actually thought this might happen. I think there are two reasons you're seeing Gabbert back:

1] He's a guy BA trusts and he knows the system/offense well. He also knows how to be a backup and a starter.

2] He's the guy Trask will be able to breakdown film with, bounce questions off daily, learn the routines, etc vs. those responsibilities falling on TB12 while trying to prepare for the game every week.

• Like 1

I mean. Tom Brady isn't here to babysit. He's here to win games and Super Bowls. 

The idea of "Oh. We've got Tom Brady to teach the rookie everything he knows." is insane. That's never been the case with any incumbent. Trask gets to watch what Brady does and hope to copy/improve it. That's it.

• Like 1

Like honestly. Nobody with any reasonable know-how or common sense gives a single **** about Kyle Trask right now. Give him what he needs to improve. But beyond that, he could be Ryan Griffin. Who cares?

The idea is to win the next two Super Bowls with Tom Brady.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. Tom Brady isn't here to babysit. He's here to win games and Super Bowls. 

The idea of "Oh. We've got Tom Brady to teach the rookie everything he knows." is insane. That's never been the case with any incumbent. Trask gets to watch what Brady does and hope to copy/improve it. That's it.

I was gonna say this same thing. I hope Brady doesn't spend an ounce of his time, training his 'successor'. 

• Like 1