FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Ryan Griffen is made of teflon.  Did Gabbert price himself out of Tampa?

tenor.gif

Unbelievable how he has stayed on the roster as a 3rd string QB through two different regimes having done/accomplished absolutely nothing.

Now, it looks like he may have earned a promotion to back-up (unless we draft a QB in the early-md round of draft) by doing the same thing - nothing lol.

I'm envious, as he's now got the most kush back-up job in the league. The dude is a wizard. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Did Gabbert price himself out of Tampa?

I think there is a good change both Gabbert and AB have now cost themselves a shot to return by holding out for more money. They both apparently had offers on the table from the Bucs, but chose to wait it out. It appears we've reallocated most of that money into some recent additions/resigns.

They'll probably have to wait until after the draft at this point to see if they even remain in the cards and if so, to re-engage talks after. 

56 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Now, it looks like he may have earned a promotion to back-up (unless we draft a QB in the early-md round of draft) by doing the same thing - nothing lol.

I'd imagine he'd be QB2 if we draft someone.

Not that it would matter.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd imagine he'd be QB2 if we draft someone.

Not that it would matter.

Right, he would definitely be the QB2 on the depth chart, but I would wonder if something did happen to TB12 on a short term basis, or in garbage time, if they would give the rookie the looks over Griffen, knowing where they both stand in the future plans...

Like you said, if TB12 was to miss any significant time we'd be SOL for 2021 season...

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Unbelievable how he has stayed on the roster as a 3rd string QB through two different regimes having done/accomplished absolutely nothing.

I'm envious, as he's now got the most kush back-up job in the league. The dude is a wizard. 

Somebody's gotta babysit drunk Brady 😆 

• Like 3

Looks like ABs current legal issues have been resolved.  I do believe he will sign before the draft.  Good chance no one is offering him guaranteed money.  He can t recieve pay checks before wk 1, so if he signs and gets into trouble, he will just be cut before wk 1.  

30 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Looks like ABs current legal issues have been resolved.  I do believe he will sign before the draft.  Good chance no one is offering him guaranteed money.  He can t recieve pay checks before wk 1, so if he signs and gets into trouble, he will just be cut before wk 1.  

That is a huge boost for his stock heading into the season. I can see more teams kicking the tires on him now with the pending court case against him that was set to occur in season now a non-factor.

• Like 1

imo Brown hasnt changed a bit

did he help us win ? yes

is he an great player? yes

but hes also a clown and its only a matter of time before he does something else 

he definitely wants more money and i rather only keep him if its cheap, him staying is stunting Tyler Johnsons growth and Licht is a fiend at finding WR talent

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

While I agree, he's now coming off a SB with him and AB knows this might be his last chance to secure a multi-year deal.

He's also very close with Russ Wilson. 

I do agree that AB will be looking to get paid.  His past behavior cost him millions.   I don t think there is a multi yr out there for him though.  1 yr deal highest salary value with incentives, IMO.  Somewhat comparable, Sammy Watkins got 1 yr for 5 million for Baltimore.