FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

14 hours ago, indifference said:

0% chance Shaq leaves

Guy was a force since we signed him 2 years ago. He will get a long term contract. BA has said this many times in PCs that he plans to make him part of the future. Him and Godwin I’ve heard our coach say they want back. Only player I’m concerned that maybe not back is Lavonte David. He is 31, and the coach has not been speaking about his future. He may have and I just missed it but Shaq & Godwin are priorities. Would be sad to see 54 go at his age I think Bucs can work a deal out. Evans, Brady, Don Smith extensions will help with the cap. Gronk and Brate will take paycuts too

Agreed 100%. Both sides tried to get an extension hammered out last year, no reason to think coming off a playoff run where he was an absolute game wrecker that the FO would have changed their mind on this...

I think we've seen the end of Cameron Brate here, he's owed/accounts for $0 if we cut him. Unless he comes back for next to nothing and is happy with moving back into 3rd TE role (which I don't see) I think he's an obvious choice where we could save some cash... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Wonder if we see Patrick Peterson get a look here in FA. He's familiar with BA and staff and you'd have to imagine he wants to win at this point in his career.

He's no longer the shut down type he was, but I think he could fill a valuable role here and give us some veteran prescience in the secondary. 

So, would Dean go back to the bench?  I kind of like the idea of resigning Cockrell and Adams to vet minimum contracts for the secondary.  

My current potential ring chaser list

-Justin Houston

-Ryan Kerrigan

-Aldon Smith

-James White

-Tevin Coleman

Dalvin Tomlinson would not be a ring chaser, but if Suh retires, this is the guy I want.  I do think Suh plays again.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So, would Dean go back to the bench?  I kind of like the idea of resigning Cockrell and Adams to vet minimum contracts for the secondary.  

My current potential ring chaser list

-Justin Houston

-Ryan Kerrigan

-Aldon Smith

-James White

-Tevin Coleman

Dalvin Tomlinson would not be a ring chaser, but if Suh retires, this is the guy I want.  I do think Suh plays again.

the bolded are the only ones i really like

but i doubt we get Kerrigan unless Shaq doesnt resign

i am 95% sure we draft an Edge or DLine in rounds 1-3 regardless of resigning our players

what would be cool would be if somehow we got JJ Watt on a cheaper Ring Chaser deal 🤣

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

the bolded are the only ones i really like

but i doubt we get Kerrigan unless Shaq doesnt resign

i am 95% sure we draft an Edge or DLine in rounds 1-3 regardless of resigning our players

what would be cool would be if somehow we got JJ Watt on a cheaper Ring Chaser deal 🤣

Kerrigan will be 33 when the season starts.  His career earnings are over 73 million.  He is the poster boy for Ring Chaser.  He will get a  1 yr deal from someone who is a playoff contender.

If Suh doesn t come back then I agree they will get DL in FA.  Either they will draft more DL.  I would rather have Suh back then sign Watt.  He s older, but he is healthier.  

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think Dean and PP would battle it out for nickel CB duties, assuming SMB keeps playing on level we saw in the last 6 games.

Can never have enough quality CB's, so definitely like idea of bringing Cockrell back on vet min deal too if we can. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

It would but it's not like he isn't replaceable. We've got plenty of receiving options left.

I'd prioritize Barrett over Godwin.

We don't have anyone currently under contract that can do what Godwin does in the slot. And no WR on this roster blocks better than Godwin does.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We don't have anyone currently under contract that can do what Godwin does in the slot. And no WR on this roster blocks better than Godwin does.

It s actually a really deep UFA WR market.  I ll be curious how this effects contract value.  Also, the draft has some depth at WR.  

I m expecting Shaq to be resigned within the next 2 weeks.  Sure seems like that deal is done.  Unless Shaq is really bad at creating leverage in a negotiation.  😀

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We really like Cockrell and Herb Miller. I can't see us bringing in a high profile veteran at CB.

IDK about you but Cockrell and Miller aren't on my non replacement list. They've both been journeyman at best...

Dont think either of them deture us pusuing a higher upside vet corner...

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

IDK about you but Cockrell and Miller aren't on my non replacement list. They've both been journeyman at best...

Dont think either of them deture us pusuing a higher upside vet corner...

The ability to resign everyone we wanna bring back does.

Not benching the trio that just helped us win the Super Bowl does.