FA 2021 - WR Chris Godwin franchise tagged

ravishingone

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Pat Pete will be ring chasing and playing for cheap. As a part time player he should not get much. #4 CB on the squad ill take him. 

If the rumors are true that he wants 10+ mil i doubt anyone will go after him tbh but if can maybe get him on a vet min ill down for it

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

The ability to resign everyone we wanna bring back does.

Not benching the trio that just helped us win the Super Bowl does.

Which, IMO isn't going to happen. We're going to have some turnover. Guys are all coming off a SB high and saying the right things now, but when the dust settles and reality kicks in I wonder how many are still willing to play for less, or look to cash in on another lucrative deal (knowing the business side of the NFL and that you're only security what you're guaranteed portion of contract is). I think we're more likely to bring in the outside guys that have made some money and now want that chance to win.

We wouldn't be benching the trio of Davis, SMB and Dean. It would simply be adding another higher caliber player to that mix. They would all still be getting significant reps and Davis and SMB would remain in place as the starters IMO, unless they faltered. 

9 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

If the rumors are true that he wants 10+ mil i doubt anyone will go after him tbh but if can maybe get him on a vet min ill down for it

I think that's where we're going to see a separation on the types of players that want to be here -  who truly wants to accept less for a chance to win, or who wants that last bigger guaranteed contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Not paying 10 mil for a CB at age 32. He isnt even a good CB anymore, he’s average now.

Agreed 100% and I think if that is true, he's going to be on the market a long time. He'll have hard time getting that deal...

He's a #3 CB on a good team at this point in his career. He's lost a step (ever since he got popped for PEDs) physically. If we wants that money, we'll be onto the next...

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Everyone ready for the D Smith extension?  Guaranteed money out of the way just in time for Wirfs to reset the tackle market.  

tenor.gif

yeah the extension going free $$$ up for this year. back load his contract..wirfs contract is a bargain for 4 more seasons at least..hell 5 if we chose to tag him

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Imagine 

JPP White David Barrett

Watt Vea Suh

all star both in 2014 and 2021

Highly doubt we'd be able to get both under contract without sacrificing another major piece (Godwin, David, Barrett, etc.). It's more than likely we'd have to choose between Suh and Watt (if Watt was indeed ring chasing and didn't want a longer-term/bigger commitment)...

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

to sign Watt we'd have to let Suh or Barret walk

i say let Shaq get paid elsewhere in the Shaq topic and stand by that  & draft an Edge in the 1st or 2nd

You'll save ~$15M replacing Shaq with a rookie. But you're also giving up like 70 QB pressures.