2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

There is a ton of smoke about San Fran traded up for Mac Jones.  I can't believe that to be the case but Daniel Jerimiah and Chris Simms have both said that is what they are hearing.  If that's the case that would be HUGE for us.  

Speaking of QBs, other than Mac Jones, I think I'm leaning more and more towards grabbing one of the big 4 (really 3 after Lawrence) if one is there.  If you have a chance to take one you have to do it.  Or at the very least you have to leverage it to trade down.  Passing on a QB and stick and pick is a failure if they do it.

12 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

There is a ton of smoke about San Fran traded up for Mac Jones.  I can't believe that to be the case but Daniel Jerimiah and Chris Simms have both said that is what they are hearing.  If that's the case that would be HUGE for us.  

Speaking of QBs, other than Mac Jones, I think I'm leaning more and more towards grabbing one of the big 4 (really 3 after Lawrence) if one is there.  If you have a chance to take one you have to do it.  Or at the very least you have to leverage it to trade down.  Passing on a QB and stick and pick is a failure if they do it.

Fields just ran a 4.44 40, which is the fastest for a QB since RG3 in 2012. 

I'm guessing that he's a viable option for the 49ers at #3 or the Falcons at #4. All that would do is just push really good talent down to us at #7. It seems to me that this would make us far less likely to trade down but take one of the premier level guys. 

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Jones (Rumour)

4 - Fields (Rumour)

5 - Chase (Rumour)

6 - Pitts (Rumour)

Leaving us with Lance, Sewell, Parsons, D. Smith, Waddle, etc. in the mix. We could probably pull some value out of Carolina or Denver in order to grab Lance (move down to 8 and then swap pick 101 for pick 73). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm guessing that he's a viable option for the 49ers at #3 or the Falcons at #4. All that would do is just push really good talent down to us at #7. It seems to me that this would make us far less likely to trade down but take one of the premier level guys. 

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Jones (Rumour)

4 - Fields (Rumour)

5 - Chase (Rumour)

6 - Pitts (Rumour)

Leaving us with Lance, Sewell, Parsons, D. Smith, Waddle, etc. in the mix. We could probably pull some value out of Carolina or Denver in order to grab Lance (move down to 8 and then swap pick 101 for pick 73). 

If Trey Lance is there, he would be the last of the top 5 guys available. Teams like Carolina, Denver, New England, Washington are all in the mix. Carolina and Denver wouldn't result in a lot of movement, so here's an interesting scenario. 

The New England Patriots call us up and offer the following for #7 (1500 pts + 20% QB premium = 1800 pts)

#15 Overall (1050)

#46 (2nd Rd) (440 points)

#96 (3rd rd Comp) (116 points)

2022 2nd round pick

We would be giving up Sewell (no question, he'd be gone) with a chance that Parsons might be there at #15. 

Would you take that trade?

35 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Mac Jones will likely go higher than we expect. He’s a good prospect that has been overshadowed by the perceived upside of others. 

I would disagree about needing to draft a QB if they fall. Feeling pressured to do something means they’ve put themselves in an awful position. Trading down is a good option as long as,

1. They get a realistic offer.

2. They don’t move to far.

The Lions have two 1st’s in subsequent years and increasing cap space. The best thing they can do this year is add a high quality player.

I would hate to see a repeat of the past where they take a QB prematurely and fail to build a team around him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Mac Jones will likely go higher than we expect. He’s a good prospect that has been overshadowed by the perceived upside of others. 

I would disagree about needing to draft a QB if they fall. Feeling pressured to do something means they’ve put themselves in an awful position. Trading down is a good option as long as,

The Lions have two 1st’s in subsequent years and increasing cap space. The best thing they can do this year is add a high quality player.

I would hate to see a repeat of the past where they take a QB prematurely and fail to build a team around him. 

^This x100. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If Trey Lance is there, he would be the last of the top 5 guys available. Teams like Carolina, Denver, New England, Washington are all in the mix. Carolina and Denver wouldn't result in a lot of movement, so here's an interesting scenario. 

The New England Patriots call us up and offer the following for #7 (1500 pts + 20% QB premium = 1800 pts)

#15 Overall (1050)

#46 (2nd Rd) (440 points)

#96 (3rd rd Comp) (116 points)

2022 2nd round pick

We would be giving up Sewell (no question, he'd be gone) with a chance that Parsons might be there at #15. 

Would you take that trade?

No. At 15 they’ve moved out of the top prospect pool. To do that I would want a 2022 1st instead of 2nd.

Its much easier to move around the draft in subsequent drafts. They have an opportunity to draft a really good, possibly pro bowl level player. I’m not in favour of giving up those opportunities. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I just think you don't pass on a QB if you think he's a franchise QB.  You just don't.  I also think we are in a great situation to sit him and let him develop for a year maybe two.  I'm not high on Mac but Lance/Fields/Wilson are all deserving of a top 10 pick in almost any draft.  In my mind you pull the trigger.  

The reason why we couldn't build the team around the QB is our GM and front office were trash.  We all bag on the picks when they were made.  Shocker those player sucked.  I'd rather take a franchise guy if one is there and build the team than build the team and then give up a ton of resources to get a guy or reach for one.  Obviously this is all contingent on thinking that one of the QBs is a legit prospect.  I believe that.  Of course I also think they have to go to the right situation and I believe Detroit is that situation.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Jones (Rumour)

4 - Fields (Rumour)

5 - Chase (Rumour)

6 - Pitts (Rumour)

I think he's a viable option as well.  He seems a little slow to process at times which bothers me but I think the talent is there to really excel.  

I think there's a real possibility if the 49ers take either Lance or Fields (and Wilson goes 2) that the remaining QB could still be there.

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3 Lance

4. Pitts

5. Sewall 

6. Chase

In that case I'm listening to major trade offers or I'm taking the QB.  I really like Parsons and Surtain is appealing considering now that Fairley is injured but I'm leaning more and more towards grab Lance or Fields if one is there.

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

DE Gregory Rousseau
Vertical: 30-inch
Bench Press: 21 reps
Broad Jump: 9’7”
40-yard: 4.71/4.69, 4.74/4.72
Shuttle: 4.45 (unofficial)
3-Cone: 7.5 (unofficial)

TRASHHHHHHH

No explosion...

That's not good.  Having said that I'm taking him in the second if he's there.

Just now, Millenhater said:

No explosion...

That's not good.  Having said that I'm taking him in the second if he's there.

This is probably a red flag in itself but maybe he's just not as prepared as he should be for a workout after taking the time off. It doesn't mean that he's not a good football player overall and a projected top 10 pick early on for a reason. It would be interesting to dig into it in more depth. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

This is probably a red flag in itself but maybe he's just not as prepared as he should be for a workout after taking the time off. It doesn't mean that he's not a good football player overall and a projected top 10 pick early on for a reason. It would be interesting to dig into it in more depth. 

Think because he one with a bit of quickness on the inside is why people thought he was this bendy outside shoulder rusher but he actually should continue to bulk up and be a power rusher on the outside.  His ceiling could be more of a Calais Campbell.  I think that is his ceiling/type of player he could become.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

daquan bowers was projected #1 too at one point (;

he'll be a good run stopper. has physical build to be a beast.