Karnage84

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:
Patrick Surtain
CB
--
--
--

surtain balled. 18 is bench, 39 is vert

Not a popular opinion but I think should be given serious consideration for our pick.  Everyone’s in love with all the wr’s but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a few of the corners jump them by draft day.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Not a popular opinion but I think should be given serious consideration for our pick.  Everyone’s in love with all the wr’s but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a few of the corners jump them by draft day.  

I've been thinking the same thing.  At this point, I just want BPA as we are pretty devoid of talent.  I could see where Surtain would be just that.

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

I wouldn't hate it but some reason I really like Horn for CB. idk we will see of course. Exciting. Just would be impossible long term to keep two top  tier young corners. So one would walk after contract. idk maybe im thinking to far ahead

21 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I wouldn't hate it but some reason I really like Horn for CB. idk we will see of course. Exciting. Just would be impossible long term to keep two top  tier young corners. So one would walk after contract. idk maybe im thinking to far ahead

If you wanted to use that strategy, if you use a 1st round pick on Surtain or Horn, you have the 5th year option on them. It would give you flexibility in re-signing Okudah, trading him, etc. 

23 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I think it is a reasonable concern, but if he is the bpa...take him.  It also helps if Okudah fails to live up to the hype of his draft position which could happen. There wasn't a lot to be excited about with Okudah last year although he had a couple flashes. I still hold the belief it takes a corner 3 years to develop.

Edited by LionArkie

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like some DL in that area.  Nixon, Alim McNiel, Jason Oweh, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner.  WRs in that range I like are Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Jalen Darden, Tylan Wallace.  at RT I like LIam Eichenberg, Alex Leatherwood, and Jalen Mayfield.  LBs I like are Azeez Oulijari, Baron Browning and Pete Werner.  Not a lot of DBs I like in that range but Andre Sisco is one.  

I really like Rondale always forget about him.  Like Nixon as a high 2nd could see Tampa taking him.  Tryron’s ok seems like he’s just aggressive in there D I’m not sure I see a lot in him that translates.  Not huge fan of Moore.  Was underwhelmed by Oulijari.  I loved Browning’s high school tape, seemed to underwhelm in college.  I’ll check out the rest.

I did stumble across Jonathan Adams Jr from Arkansas State.  Very interesting 🤫.  He’s raw as hell as a route runner and will probably never be able to consistently get separation but oh shot does this kid have some hands.  Big bodied boy with some of the better ball skills you’ll see. A natural baller.  Brandon Marshal comes to mind.

My Lions Big Board as of this early period subject to extreme changes.

1. TL

2. ZW

3. Sewel

4. Parsons 

5. Slater

6. Surtain

7. Pitts

8. Chase

9.  Farley 

10.  D.Smith

11. Waddle

Top 4 are pretty solid there for now could be a lot of shuffling as I rewatch and rewatch. 

Unpopular opinion I have Najee Harris as a top 12 caliber elite back level prospect.  I think he’s in the same class as Barkley, Zeke and Gurely as a prospect.  He is just the total package.  He is a phenomenal receiver both out of the backfield and lined up out wide.  He catches and attacks the ball like a TE.  He’s tall and wide and snatches the ball away from his body with his hands. It’s very impressive to me.  He runs with great power, balance and awareness.  This kid is special.   I really like Ettiene and even Williams to going to be interesting to see where they land.  TE is an instant game changer wherever he ends up.

Edited by BigC421/

42 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you guys think of former Wolverine/Longhorn, Tarik Black?

His 4.53 wasn't anything to write home about but he had a 40 inch vert, 132 inch (11 foot) broad jump at 6'3 and 206 lbs (decent size). 

No thanks, those numbers are better than I would have guessed but a lot of these pro day # are a bit suspicious.  He came in a supposedly loaded UM wr class regarded as probably the #3 of the class but widely billed as the most polished day 1 ready.  He made a couple nice catches early that got way overhyped then got hurt.  Never really got any better and failed to produce even minuscule  at 2 locations.  We got Cephus in what the 6th?  And he far and away better than Black so I don’t see him getting drafted.

Edited by BigC421/

Just now, BigC421/ said:

No thanks, those numbers are better than I would have guessed but a lot of these pro day # are a bit suspicious.  He came in a supposedly loaded UM wr class regarded as probably the #3 of the class but widely billed as the most polished day 1 ready.  He made a couple nice catches early that got way overhyped then got hurt.  Never really got any better and failed to produce even minuscule  at 2 locations.  We got Cephus in what the 6th?  And we far and away better than Black so I don’t see him getting drafted.

UDFA guys outperform their draft position all of the time. What do you think held him back from reaching that potential?

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

UDFA guys outperform their draft position all of the time. What do you think held him back from reaching that potential?

He’s just not that good mostly. Injuries didn’t help but he played plenty of unproductive healthy football.  He rarely got separation an although contested catches are technically his strength he’s really only average in that department.  He was clearly UM’s 4th best wr once Bell started to emerge and it wasn’t some loaded wr room.  Although he’s high character he did seem to get a bit mopey but that’s understandable.  Like I said he’s just not good.

I don’t see Jonathan Adams Jr on to many boards.  Put that guys tape on with Black or even someone like Grimes from Florida / OSU and tell me these guys compare. 

Edited by BigC421/

11 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

If we move down a little I wouldn’t mind it.  Do you think Okudah can play the nickel?  If so that would be awesome for him to play outside and move inside when we need him to.

3 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Parsons put up some incredible numbers. However his bench press wasn’t that good.

4.39 40 but 19 reps.

19’s not great but that 4.39 is insane.  This just helps solidify him as the #1 target (after Lawrence) for the Lions.  If we pass on him I’ll be pretty disappointed and depending on the player we take instead I might be downright pissed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Millenhater said:

19’s not great but that 4.39 is insane.  This just helps solidify him as the #1 target (after Lawrence) for the Lions.  If we pass on him I’ll be pretty disappointed and depending on the player we take instead I might be downright pissed.

forreal? hes a jarrad davis 2.0....show him in coverage...no? not complete...a LB that cant cover is like a TE that cant catch

42 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

forreal? hes a jarrad davis 2.0....show him in coverage...no? not complete...a LB that cant cover is like a TE that cant catch

Except that was one of his strengths.  His versatility and great play in rushing the passer, coverage, and run instincts is why he is a top prospect.  He is a 3 down LB because he can do all things which allows him to rush the QB on 3rd or drop into coverage.