2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

This is from Bob McGinn's article on the top offensive players in The Athletic:

Kyle Pitts, Florida (6-foot-6, 250 pounds): Maybe the least nit-picked player in the draft. “The question was, could he block better in 2020 than he did in ’19?” said one scout. “In ’19, he blocked like crap. This year, he defied all the odds, gained some weight and blocked his *** off. Low-maintenance. Loves football. He’s a difference-maker. I think he had zero drops this year. More fluid than Vernon Davis.” Averaged 17.9 yards per catch in final season.

“He’s better than the two guys from Iowa two years ago (T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant) combined,” a second scout said. “He has Hall of Fame potential as a receiver. Just unique.” Regarded by one team as the second-best player in the draft. “You look at (Travis) Kelce and (George) Kittle, the success they’ve had, there’s no comparison as far as athletic ability to this guy,” a third scout said. “I usually don’t go for that position that high, but I would take him in the top 10. He even tries to block. Played hurt, too. For a young quarterback, I’d like to have this guy on my team.”

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-crabbs-6.0

Yes please.  This would be a nice trade down scenario.  I'd take Zaven Collins in the 2nd instead of Wyatt but wouldn't be mad at Wyatt either.  

personally i wouldnt want wyatt, d.smith, or gilmore. That worst case scenario. trade down is okay. 

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This is from Bob McGinn's article on the top offensive players in The Athletic:

Kyle Pitts, Florida (6-foot-6, 250 pounds): Maybe the least nit-picked player in the draft. “The question was, could he block better in 2020 than he did in ’19?” said one scout. “In ’19, he blocked like crap. This year, he defied all the odds, gained some weight and blocked his *** off. Low-maintenance. Loves football. He’s a difference-maker. I think he had zero drops this year. More fluid than Vernon Davis.” Averaged 17.9 yards per catch in final season.

“He’s better than the two guys from Iowa two years ago (T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant) combined,” a second scout said. “He has Hall of Fame potential as a receiver. Just unique.” Regarded by one team as the second-best player in the draft. “You look at (Travis) Kelce and (George) Kittle, the success they’ve had, there’s no comparison as far as athletic ability to this guy,” a third scout said. “I usually don’t go for that position that high, but I would take him in the top 10. He even tries to block. Played hurt, too. For a young quarterback, I’d like to have this guy on my team.”

If we are considering taking a receiver at #7 and Chase is off of the board, I would take Pitts over Smith and Waddle 10/10 times. 

A trade down scenario adding a lot of other assets including 2022 picks would be ideal. However, Pitts would be one heck of a consolation prize and it almost feels insulting to refer to him that way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

personally i wouldnt want wyatt, d.smith, or gilmore. That worst case scenario. trade down is okay. 

Well we need OG help and Wyatt is the best in the draft.  Not my first choice but he is up there.  D. Smith I dont want at 7, especially if Chase or Waddle are there but at 15, with an extra 3rd and first next year, sign me up.  

Gilmore is a stop gap.  Our CBs are bare at this point, so adding him to help teach and just fill in for  year is fine with me.  He would be a free agent next year and could net a comp pick if we do not resign him.  To be honest I would do the trade down without him but he definitely would help this year if this teams wants to compete. 

Anyone have any man crushes / suggestions on guys I should check out in the late 1st to 3rd range?  I’ve got a solid 9 non qb’s I like in this draft as at least borderline top 10 caliber prospects but after that I am woefully unimpressed with the rest of the 1st and early 2nd rd guys I’ve gotten around to watching.  I really like Toney from Florida but he’s going pretty high lately.  I like the backs especially Harris and Williams but not really interested.  Give me some hope it’s only March.

15 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Anyone have any man crushes / suggestions on guys I should check out in the late 1st to 3rd range?  I’ve got a solid 9 non qb’s I like in this draft as at least borderline top 10 caliber prospects but after that I am woefully unimpressed with the rest of the 1st and early 2nd rd guys I’ve gotten around to watching.  I really like Toney from Florida but he’s going pretty high lately.  I like the backs especially Harris and Williams but not really interested.  Give me some hope it’s only March.

Toney, Z. Collins, JOK, Terry WR (FSU Ithink) , Eskridge, Caden Sterns (was later, but pro day was great), 

Just seen you put Toney already lol

15 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I like some DL in that area.  Nixon, Alim McNiel, Jason Oweh, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner.  WRs in that range I like are Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Jalen Darden, Tylan Wallace.  at RT I like LIam Eichenberg, Alex Leatherwood, and Jalen Mayfield.  LBs I like are Azeez Oulijari, Baron Browning and Pete Werner.  Not a lot of DBs I like in that range but Andre Sisco is one.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like some DL in that area.  Nixon, Alim McNiel, Jason Oweh, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner.  WRs in that range I like are Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Jalen Darden, Tylan Wallace.  at RT I like LIam Eichenberg, Alex Leatherwood, and Jalen Mayfield.  LBs I like are Azeez Oulijari, Baron Browning and Pete Werner.  Not a lot of DBs I like in that range but Andre Sisco is one.  

So many options it seems. Love Darden!! forgot him on the list I put. Agree with all but Rondale. His durability scares me away. But WAS WITHOUT A DOUBT best playmaker what his freshman year???? Have Joe Tryon in my madden offseason too. But he dropped unrealistically in the game.