2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

If you're the Lions you play your hand like you're going to draft a qb at 7. IF another team wants to move up for a QB it's gotta be with us or we'll just take a QB. That's gotta be the Lions perception going into the draft to gain the most value out of a trade down.

* Also if you think you have a chance at a franchise qb now in the top 10, you basically have to take them now based on price/cost.

Idk if the kid is worth it. Literally never seen him play, so totally ignorant myself, but good job for Lions to do their homework.

Lions could have 4 potential trade partners in the Colts/Football Team/49ers/Broncos, IMO. They should be able to get something if they want to.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

If you're the Lions you play your hand like you're going to draft a qb at 7. IF another team wants to move up for a QB it's gotta be with us or we'll just take a QB. That's gotta be the Lions perception going into the draft to gain the most value out of a trade down.

* Also if you think you have a chance at a franchise qb now in the top 10, you basically have to take them now based on price/cost.

Idk if the kid is worth it. Literally never seen him play, so totally ignorant myself, but good job for Lions to do their homework.

Lions could have 4 potential trade partners in the Colts/Football Team/49ers/Broncos, IMO. They should be able to get something if they want to.

dont forget saints but they're late 

12 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He probably needs 1.5 years - 2 years. Regardless of who takes him - sit him for sure in 2021. Let him compete in 2022 for the starting job but make it an uphill battle, where he really earns it. If he isn't ready, stick with your vet and let him develop some more. Put him in towards the back end of the year and just see what you've got. Either he'll win you games and you have a good QB or he'll stink it up and you find your Kyler Murray to his Josh Rosen. 

I agree with this.  The Chiefs did it with Mahomes.  And the Packers with Rodgers and now Love.  If we go Lance, he will be almost three years removed from competitive football by the time he starts which I don't like.  But also we likely would be able to then move Goff for picks (maybe a 2nd and or 3rd) similar to when KC moved Alex Smith.  It would be nice to have a young cheap QB to season and a lot of draft picks the next couple of years to build around him. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree with this.  The Chiefs did it with Mahomes.  And the Packers with Rodgers and now Love.  If we go Lance, he will be almost three years removed from competitive football by the time he starts which I don't like.  But also we likely would be able to then move Goff for picks (maybe a 2nd and or 3rd) similar to when KC moved Alex Smith.  It would be nice to have a young cheap QB to season and a lot of draft picks the next couple of years to build around him. 

It would be one thing to draft a guy at your original slot and then working through this plan. It's another thing to trade up for a guy when you have someone like Rodgers at the position. Rodgers/Love isn't the same as Smith/Mahomes. I agree with your thinking Sllim, Goff/Lance should fall more into the Smith/Mahomes category (and calling Lance Mahomes is probably quite a stretch at this point). 

Watching Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. I've enjoyed watching his highlights but he really seems to be a box safety or plays like a box safety. On the bright side, if you're playing him at WLB then you're not going to have to pull him off of the field if you move to nickel, dime, 3 safety looks, etc. 

What I don't like is that... he's built and plays like a box safety, when we really need help at linebacker in a huge way. I'd rather a Devin White/Jabril Cox type with more traditional LB size but who is also competent in pass coverage. 

"Wu" (apparently his nickname) is a dynamic player but I'm just not 100% sold at that size. 

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - 6'1, 215

PFF's Top 10 LB's in 2020

1. Bobby Wagner - 6'0, 242 lbs

2. Lavonte David - 6'1, 233

3. Darius Leonard - 6'2, 230

4. Demario Davis - 6'2, 248

5. Deion Jones - 6'1, 227

6. Eric Kendricks - 6'0, 232

7. Jaylon Smith - 6'2, 245

8. Cory Littleton - 6'3, 228

9. Alexander Johnson - 6'2, 255

10. Jayon Brown - 6'0, 226

36 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Watching Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. I've enjoyed watching his highlights but he really seems to be a box safety or plays like a box safety. On the bright side, if you're playing him at WLB then you're not going to have to pull him off of the field if you move to nickel, dime, 3 safety looks, etc. 

What I don't like is that... he's built and plays like a box safety, when we really need help at linebacker in a huge way. I'd rather a Devin White/Jabril Cox type with more traditional LB size but who is also competent in pass coverage. 

"Wu" (apparently his nickname) is a dynamic player but I'm just not 100% sold at that size. 

LEONARD PLAYED AT 215 THIS YEAR!!!

37 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

and lavonte was light coming out of I think Nebraska. What if we just double down on both Wu and Jabril Cox?? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Don't let size fool you. Owusu-Koramoah defends the run better than Jabril Cox. Both are stellar pass defenders. I disagree that he plays like a box safety. He plays like a Will LB. He can be a Deion Jones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Don't let size fool you. Owusu-Koramoah defends the run better than Jabril Cox. Both are stellar pass defenders. I disagree that he plays like a box safety. He plays like a Will LB. He can be a Deion Jones.

I'll have to watch him some more but basically everything that I saw was just a guy coming hard downhill, making a big hit. There wasn't really a lot of chase and tackle and maybe one or two clips of him in pass defense. 

I'm open to change but my initial perspective is this guy is a tweener LB/SS. I'll have to watch more film. 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Idk, I think Scheme helps Owusu more than anything in ND. He's basically aloud to buzz around with heavy players infront of him. While playing with a lead and vs, for the most part, terrible teams. I'm not discrediting everything either but I'm just saying it's easier to make plays on defense with a lead vs bad teams. Seems to be the same role as Jabril Peppers had on Michigan. Maybe Peppers would be a better LB'er than S idk.

I think he's good but not 1st round good. It's easy to play aggressive like he did when your team is 2 TD's up constantly. The last two weeks was more of what ND was than prior imo, IT was a shame they got into the playoffs with a Clemson win without Lawrence.(Thats a different arguement.)

Now to circle back on my reason for posting... I think Zaven Collins is alot more of the LB'er Lions are looking for than Owusu. We could use both for sure, but Lions NEED a MLB that can actually play in the worst way.

Edited by SimbaWho