2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

what if we trade back with denver. get a 3rd. so they get qb over panthers. then trade with patriots so they get mac jones over 49ers. then trade back with either washington or colts so they get trask. work all the teams and get 1st rders for next year and 4-7 more picks throughout draft. so far parsons is looking like the only pick i would be happy with. i hope waddle goes back to alabama last minute. 

Its fairly obvious that you are an avid Madden player.  That would be great and all, but it is extremely unlikely, and by that I mean it would be the first time ever a team moved down that many times in the 1st. Also to drop down to Denvers pick, I want more than a 3rd. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Its fairly obvious that you are an avid Madden player.  That would be great and all, but it is extremely unlikely, and by that I mean it would be the first time ever a team moved down that many times in the 1st. Also to drop down to Denvers pick, I want more than a 3rd. 

not sure if there has been a draft with more starting caliber QBs and teams needing Qbs in a league where you have to have a QB..may be unlikely, but not impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

and i can tell you dont play madden cause its not possible to even trade down and get a next years first. shoot the stafford goff and 1st trade isnt even possible. add an extra 1st and the game basically laughs at you. madden is trash. just like doing offseasons lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I just watched a little bit of Joe Tyron.  Holy Smokes!  This guy looks like he’s shot out of a cannon.  Violent and covers ground quick.  He looks a little undersized but man he looks like a terror off the edge.

What’s your thoughts on him?  If he makes it to us in the 2nd I think he might be a serious contender for our pick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I really want to trade back in the first and draft Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. #7 is too high for him I think, but if we trade back and get an extra pick, he’d be my target. 

Beast of a Will. Perfect for today's game.

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

Ok I just watched a little bit of Joe Tyron.  Holy Smokes!  This guy looks like he’s shot out of a cannon.  Violent and covers ground quick.  He looks a little undersized but man he looks like a terror off the edge.

What’s your thoughts on him?  If he makes it to us in the 2nd I think he might be a serious contender for our pick.

He's a stud.

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Dan Campbell is reportedly going to attend Trey Lance's pro day tomorrow. I don't think Lance is worth the #7 pick, but he is definitely in play. I do like his athleticism and run game. I'm not sold at this point yet. 

If you think he has the tools but needs time to develop (he's really only had about one season of play... at the FCS level), it's not a bad plan to draft him and have him sit behind Goff for 2 years. At #7 overall? No. If we could trade down and get him in the teens, I could get on board with that move. The real question is - is he a better prospect than Howell and/or Rattler next year? If not, do we think we have a legit chance to get either of those guys?

Just now, Karnage84 said:

If you think he has the tools but needs time to develop (he's really only had about one season of play... at the FCS level), it's not a bad plan to draft him and have him sit behind Goff for 2 years. At #7 overall? No. If we could trade down and get him in the teens, I could get on board with that move. The real question is - is he a better prospect than Howell and/or Rattler next year? If not, do we think we have a legit chance to get either of those guys?

I like Lance, but not drafting a QB to sit for a top 10 pick. If we did move down, I have no doubt the team moving up is moving up for a QB. 

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I like Lance, but not drafting a QB to sit for a top 10 pick. If we did move down, I have no doubt the team moving up is moving up for a QB. 

If you have the luxury to let a QB sit I’d do it.  I have no problem if we take at 7 so I’m in the minority.  But whoever takes him needs to have a plan to let him sit for at least half a season to a year.

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

If you have the luxury to let a QB sit I’d do it.  I have no problem if we take at 7 so I’m in the minority.  But whoever takes him needs to have a plan to let him sit for at least half a season to a year.

He probably needs 1.5 years - 2 years. Regardless of who takes him - sit him for sure in 2021. Let him compete in 2022 for the starting job but make it an uphill battle, where he really earns it. If he isn't ready, stick with your vet and let him develop some more. Put him in towards the back end of the year and just see what you've got. Either he'll win you games and you have a good QB or he'll stink it up and you find your Kyler Murray to his Josh Rosen.