2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

32 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't have a mock right now. I haven't done enough research to put something down on paper. I often make them closer to the draft - and they're often terribly inaccurate - so I'm afraid that my mock won't do much for us here.

All mocks are terribly inaccurate haha. The fun part is giving people insight into what you think of the players available and where you think the resources should be allocated.

48 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So what made Henderson different in the 2020 draft? (Honest question. The "I would've preferred trading down and taking a CB prospect which rated close to the guy we drafted at #3" line of thinking is very reasonable.)

hey if you like the jags and think they make smart decisions you have your opinion. but there is a reason....THEY ARE #1 PICK BAHAHAHA..dude I cant believe you really just used that..want another one...JALEN RAMSEY....by who??? JAGS!!!! we can finish up this debate now lol.

note to self, dont argue with TL... do you like that post malone song? Circles?

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

All mocks are terribly inaccurate haha. The fun part is giving people insight into what you think of the players available and where you think the resources should be allocated.

he just likes to argue why youre wrong and then thats it. lolllll no stats no facts no proof. just ehh it feels right

10 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

hey if you like the jags and think they make smart decisions you have your opinion. but there is a reason....THEY ARE #1 PICK BAHAHAHA..dude I cant believe you really just used that..want another one...JALEN RAMSEY....by who??? JAGS!!!! we can finish up this debate now lol.

note to self, dont argue with TL... do you like that post malone song? Circles?

I mean, I don't necessarily think that the Jags make smart decisions. I was only asking because you claimed that the Jags "did it right" (or something) by taking Henderson at #9.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean, I don't necessarily think that the Jags make smart decisions. I was only asking because you claimed that the Jags "did it right" (or something) by taking Henderson at #9.

i was just high on henderson and chaisson cause i drafted them in madden with the lions. thought it was cool an NFL team got them both in the 1st. Made me feel like I picked some good ones. but henderson was in 2nd..not top 10. but Madden suck because of that lmaooo. yes i would take a deion or charles woodson. but just dont think surtain is that stud. maybe. im no nostradamus

This blew up over the weekend... holy catching up on reading, Batman!

I'm on the "let's take the BPA unless we have two guys who are closely rated and one is at a much greater position of need" train. I think it was @Sllim Pickens who made that point about a guy at like an 89 vs a 91. In that case and if the 89 is a pass-rushing DT vs a CB then that's who I'll lean towards. The other element is the strength of the draft class. If there's a strong position group vs a weak position group, I'll take the best guy (assuming rated similarly) in the weak position group knowing I can land a guy who should also be pretty good in later rounds because of the strength of the class. 

The one thing that does get kind of lost in everything, although was slightly referenced, is the talent of our existing DL and production vs scheme. Assuming that we bring back someone like Okwara, Trey Flowers and Romeo is not a bad tandem on paper. How much of the issues that we had last year were due to Patricia's scheme and can these guys execute at a higher level under Glenn's new scheme. If someone like Pleasant can get the best out of nobodies in the secondary, could our DL coach work similar magic with our DT's and DE's? 

Back to the whole "secondary vs pass rush" conversation, I'm more of a traditionalist. Both work hand in glove but I am just more fond of having a dominant DL and letting those guys go to work. TL had a good point on the quick passes negating that, which is very true. However, all you have to do is get home a couple of times and you can affect the rhythm and timing. QB gets banged up a bit, isn't thinking as clearly, not as mobile, etc. 

54 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This blew up over the weekend... holy catching up on reading, Batman!

I'm on the "let's take the BPA unless we have two guys who are closely rated and one is at a much greater position of need" train. I think it was @Sllim Pickens who made that point about a guy at like an 89 vs a 91. In that case and if the 89 is a pass-rushing DT vs a CB then that's who I'll lean towards. The other element is the strength of the draft class. If there's a strong position group vs a weak position group, I'll take the best guy (assuming rated similarly) in the weak position group knowing I can land a guy who should also be pretty good in later rounds because of the strength of the class. 

The one thing that does get kind of lost in everything, although was slightly referenced, is the talent of our existing DL and production vs scheme. Assuming that we bring back someone like Okwara, Trey Flowers and Romeo is not a bad tandem on paper. How much of the issues that we had last year were due to Patricia's scheme and can these guys execute at a higher level under Glenn's new scheme. If someone like Pleasant can get the best out of nobodies in the secondary, could our DL coach work similar magic with our DT's and DE's? 

Back to the whole "secondary vs pass rush" conversation, I'm more of a traditionalist. Both work hand in glove but I am just more fond of having a dominant DL and letting those guys go to work. TL had a good point on the quick passes negating that, which is very true. However, all you have to do is get home a couple of times and you can affect the rhythm and timing. QB gets banged up a bit, isn't thinking as clearly, not as mobile, etc. 

Not to mention quick passes can be negated with bumping at the line and scheme much easier than getting to the QB.  Obviously you cant be all or nothing at either spot, it just seems easier to adjust on the backend when you are forcing the pace up front. 

18 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

As I mentioned previously, I have always been a pass-rush guy; PFF made the analytics-based argument that coverage was more valuable. It doesn't weight on my decision one way or another: if they felt that a CB at #7 was the clear-cut BPA, I'd be happy with the pick.

id just for a trade down. but i get come draft night that might not be an option. you never know. hey if we can get two top tier CBs. personally i just like Farley better and so many options at 7. Parsons, a WR, a QB, just depends on all their research and analyzing over the next couple months. 

54 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

id just for a trade down. but i get come draft night that might not be an option. you never know. hey if we can get two top tier CBs. personally i just like Farley better and so many options at 7. Parsons, a WR, a QB, just depends on all their research and analyzing over the next couple months. 

Yeah, I'd almost always prefer trading down for quality value. It's just not always on the table (as you pointed out), and, if that CB emerged as a Pro Bowl player and future HoFer, no one would question the selection.

If you can't get great value on the trade, take the BPA.

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I'd almost always prefer trading down for quality value. It's just not always on the table (as you pointed out), and, if that CB emerged as a Pro Bowl player and future HoFer, no one would question the selection.

If you can't get great value on the trade, take the BPA.

You can use that line on any position.  If Hock turns into Kelce/Gronk and is a HOF TE, people would stop bashing the pick.  I think most concerns (at least mine) are that no CB in this draft is worthy of being BPA at 7.  

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You can use that line on any position.  If Hock turns into Kelce/Gronk and is a HOF TE, people would stop bashing the pick.  I think most concerns (at least mine) are that no CB in this draft is worthy of being BPA at 7.  

Perhaps. It's February, so that all could change by the time late April rolls around.

what if we trade back with denver. get a 3rd. so they get qb over panthers. then trade with patriots so they get mac jones over 49ers. then trade back with either washington or colts so they get trask. work all the teams and get 1st rders for next year and 4-7 more picks throughout draft. so far parsons is looking like the only pick i would be happy with. i hope waddle goes back to alabama last minute.