House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't think the episode was THAT bad. 

Me neither. People were disappointed and rightfully so. As I said earlier, it was a good episode but just horrid placement and I'm not sure why anyone thought it'd be a good idea. I agree w/ another point that this season was kind of a waste minus a few things here and there. Seemed very drawn out for very little substance.

Going to take Duke's word for it that there's a lot of content left and only two seasons to get it done so the lull should be over. They set it up that S3 will be red hot coming out of the gates so hopefully E1 does just that...... in 2026

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Me neither. People were disappointed and rightfully so. As I said earlier, it was a good episode but just horrid placement and I'm not sure why anyone thought it'd be a good idea. I agree w/ another point that this season was kind of a waste minus a few things here and there. Seemed very drawn out for very little substance.

Going to take Duke's word for it that there's a lot of content left and only two seasons to get it done so the lull should be over. They set it up that S3 will be red hot coming out of the gates so hopefully E1 does just that...... in 2026

Oh yeah, there's a lot left. Unless they cut a BUNCH of stuff, the next 2 seasons will seem like non-stop freight trains, even if they're bumped to 10 episodes seasons again, compared to season 2.

• Like 2

no spoilers, but just spent like 8 hours reading thru the dance of dragons portion of blood and fire and how little of the plot is in season 2 is just crazy. there's so much **** that's yet to happen that every episode of season 3 and season 4 should just be crazy. or they'll just underwhelm and shove way too much **** into one episode or something. 

season 1 was like a 90 minute read probably. season 2 was like a 45 minute read... at most lol. the rest was **** that hasn't happened. 

On 8/5/2024 at 6:52 PM, seminoles1 said:

The Battle of the Gullet got pushed to next season because of this.

with how many things still happen, i can't believe that didn't close this season. unless the budget is just crazy for season 3 and 4 i dunno how tf they're gonna do it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

From what I've seen and read online, the main writers of HotD have wanted to make it a fanfic about the two friends:

46bbd0e4ff3f0e69d94ba196b73a6664054abb9b

So like I've said all season listening to these behind the scenes stuff after the credits, they don't or don't want to understand the source material.

Spoiler

Alicent should be pretty much done doing anything of substance the rest of the show outside of going bat**** crazy.

And Rhanerya shouldn't survive season 3

But these idiots think their relationship is the crux of the series.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

So like I've said all season listening to these behind the scenes stuff after the credits, they don't or don't want to understand the source material.

Reveal hidden contents

Alicent should be pretty much done doing anything of substance the rest of the show outside of going bat**** crazy.

And Rhanerya shouldn't survive season 3

But these idiots think their relationship is the crux of the series.

Worst part about making this show about their relationship is that in the books their was such an age gap between the two before Alicent married that were never best friends like that.

The finale is just getting absolutely brutalized in reviews across the internet.  The showrunners are blaming the brass for cutting the budget last minute but the bulk of the hate seems to be going towards the show runner and the writers.  This kind of jerking around with one of their flagship IP's is just immeasurably stupid.  Saving $40-$50 million in budget might end up costing them billions in brand value.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

"Lets save a few hundred grand at the discount cost of crushing the value of our most profitable IP"

Their most profitable IP is currently nothing since Zaslav took over and tanked the company lmao.

9 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Does moving the battle to S3 help save money since they have to pay to create it anyway?

No. It's short term money saving which is exactly why WB is stupid because cost cutting short term leads to terrible long term returns. It's exactly why the video game industry is taking 5-7 years to create a new AAA game they cut all the talent and the people who know how to use their talents/engine/creative tools and reset between every project instead of keeping talent together and letting them work.

It's kinda the same with TV, why pay out licensing revenue when you can just kill your IP and dilute your brand and not pay for expensive things that bring in viewers/revenue.